Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: June Gloom...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Wow, June in southern California sucks... Robin gave me a trip to southern CA for my 50th birthday, Monday, June 13, 1955. BTW, thanks admins, AGAIN, for not wishing me a 'formal' happy birthday.

Paul, thanks for the personal happy birthday wish.

Anyway, Robin and I fly from Tampa, FL to LAX on Saturday for 2 days at the Four Season's New Port Beach, WOW. We rented a car for the week and drove up and down PCH from NPB to San Clemente. What a blast. The weather sucked the whole week we were there, but everything else was memorable. Saturday afternoon we were coming back from SC and there were P-cars everywhere, they were more prevalent then Toyotas. As we were driving through Laguna Beach, there parked between two SUVs was a Carrera GT silver, on the side of the road, WOW. We didn't have a convient place to park or the time to take a pic, sorry... After flying all morining, driving the coast, we went to bed early. Sunday morning we wake up and guess what, they had a 5.2 earthquake in Aza, WOW... We then spent the day driving up to the pier, then over to Hollywood and rodeo drive. We got out and walked around a bit. As I'm standing waiting for Robin to finish 'soaking' in the Hollywood atmosphere, a silver car pulls up to the traffic light right in front of me. I quickly got off 2 shots... I know what it is, does anyone else?
watsonrx13
here's the wide shot...

watsonrx13
We finished the day visiting my brother for dinner in SC at Fisherman's Wharf. He's being transfered from Camp Penelton to Paris Isl, SC. BTW, he's had 2 tours in Iraq recently. He was on the front line when Iraqi Freedom started. I'm on the right.
watsonrx13
Monday morning we drove to the cruise terminal to board our Royal Caribbean ship, Monarch of the Seas. We boarded Monday and cruised to San Diego. Tuesday we we went to the zoo.

watsonrx13
Next, we went to Catalina Island Wednesday and took a bus tour to the 'air port in the sky'. BTW, there was another earthquake off Crescent City, 7.2, which caused a tsunami warning...

watsonrx13
Here's a shot of the harbor...

watsonrx13
Another...

watsonrx13
On Thursday we went to Ensenada, Baja Mexico. We visited 2 vineyards and sampled their wines...

BTW, another earthquake in Yucaipa, 4.9...

Here's the oak barrels.

watsonrx13
Here's the large barrels...

watsonrx13
The ship returned to LB on Friday, we caught a flight to Las Vegas for a 3 hour layover, then home to Tampa, Saturday morning, 2:00 am.

This was the best birthday gift Robin has given me yet. Another BTW, I won't be moving/living in So Ca. I'm glad I was able to visit before it falls into the Pacific. Let's recap, 3 earthquakes, unbelievable number of P-cars, Ferrari, Lambos, movie stars (Paris Hilton was parade marshall at a gay pride parade we passed in Hollywood), Michael Jackson verdict, a cruise.

Final BTW, why would Robin and I fly all the way across the USA, from FL to CA to catch a 4-day cruise, we've been on every Caribbean cruise from either FL or San Juan. Besides, FL only has hurricanes, we wanted to experience earthquakes also...
Jeroen
Hey Rob,
Happy belated b-day!
Looks like you had a fun trip
spare time toys
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Jun 18 2005, 07:53 PM)
As I'm standing waiting for Robin to finish 'soaking' in the Hollywood atmosphere, a silver car pulls up to the traffic light right in front of me. I quickly got off 2 shots... I know what it is, does anyone else?

It is that highly modified 914 that shows up on EBAY every so often lol2.gif
Reiche
Is that a Vector?

Does a 4.9 even count as an earthquake there? biggrin.gif

Happy birthday late
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Reiche @ Jun 18 2005, 08:31 PM)
Is that a Vector?

Does a 4.9 even count as an earthquake there?  :D

Happy birthday late

Bing...bing...bing...winner...

This car was built in the 80's and is suppose to be capable of 200+ mph

4.9, nah, just there to pad the numbers of eathquakes in 6 days...
Gint
Happy belated B-Day Rob!

June can really suck in CA. BTDT.

Sammy and I were driving back from renting the cherry picker on Sunday morning when the quake hit. Never felt a thing because we were in the truck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.