Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB or Want To Rent D-Jet Testor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ctc911ctc
Hi,

After a year+ of getting my bearings on this and other sites I have found that D-Jet testers were once available for rental, however, I cannot find any available.

Perhaps some guidance from those in the knows? Also willing to purchase one if it will assist me in mixture tuning (still chasing some Phantoms)........

Many Thanks in Advance,
Respectfully,
CTC911CTC
BeatNavy
There's a Janbo 112 on sale on Ebay for $750 right now. Yikes, right? The seller is sort of in your neck of the woods - maybe you can strike a deal with him smile.gif

I almost scored one on the classifieds here a year or two ago, but somebody else just managed to grab it ahead of me. Once in a blue moon someone will let one go, otherwise you're troubleshooting with Anders and 914World.

And for reference, here are the various types: https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/Testers.htm
JeffBowlsby
Only the high end FI tester (EFI associates), a WB02 sensor, a dyno or an exhaust gas analyzer can give any sort of mixture feedback.
ctc911ctc
Jeff,

I looked at the Jambo, seems like it could eliminate a great deal of items that could contribute to rich running, Engine Temp as an example.

Might that mighty Jambo be a good first Analyzer?

Thank you,
Respectfully,
CTC911CTC

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 19 2018, 06:01 PM) *

Only the high end FI tester (EFI associates), a WB02 sensor, a dyno or an exhaust gas analyzer can give any sort of mixture feedback.

JeffBowlsby
It does not eliminate any problems it only gives data for you to diagnose some problems.

It looks like an interesting tester and could be useful (assuming it works), but everything it does can be done with a standard VOM and a few more standard tools which is why most of these testers are not essential. If an issue is in the ECU, then it cannot diagnose that because it substitutes its internal computer for the ECU.

Its super spendy for what it is, just a novelty. Usually these testers go for more like $250., but the dilemma is that you just don't go down to the store and buy one, so I get their rarity. Highly unlikely it would resale for anything close to that price.

Brad Anders writes about it: https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/Testers.htm

72914S
I have one of these, I was told it was the last one made. Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Jim Thorusen custom made 2-3 of those testers, maybe 15 years ago? Jim was pretty smart about D-Jet, but I don't know the capability of his tester. Would like to know more about them...and whatever happened to Jim?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.