Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club numbered keychains
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WOWaLotOfBees!
Bought a 914 the other day, it came with a numbered 914Club keychain. I would like to know what this is from.

Here is a pic:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8P1V1gw/IMG-20181119-224056.jpg
Mark Henry
Swag from a 914 show and/or some of our members have sold them.
A contributing factor between the split of the club/world was disagreement over swag sales.
This is the #1 reason 914world doesn't sell swag and you have to ask permission to use 914world logos etc., the answer will likely be NO because of that shit show.
seanery
Mark Bland, Engman, made those in around 2003 or 4. We had them as giveaways at the Fall Foliage Classic that Garold, Mark, Doug, Dan & I put on.

I'm not sure if he sold them or gave them away to anyone else.
ValcoOscar
I asked and received permission to use 914world logo recently In return I pledged and have sent proceeds $$ to support 914world site.

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
brant
Those are very nice Oscar!
Andyrew
Restoration Designs makes the new metal version that you see on many peoples keychains.

I dont see them on their website but Im sure they have a few around.

I can check my box to see if I have any spares. Shoot me a PM to remind me.

However I would HIGHLY recommend Oscars leather fobs! I have a few of those on each key right next to the 914 metal cutout biggrin.gif He makes some great coasters too smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=333774
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 20 2018, 06:18 AM) *
A contributing factor between the split of the club/world was disagreement over swag sales.

Please don't start rumors like that, this isn't high school ...
dry.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 20 2018, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 20 2018, 06:18 AM) *

Please don't start rumors like that, this isn't high school ...
dry.gif

Sorry I thought that was (a small) part of it...but I don't want to get into it. Sheesh rolleyes.gif
WOWaLotOfBees!
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 20 2018, 09:46 AM) *

Restoration Designs makes the new metal version that you see on many peoples keychains.

I dont see them on their website but Im sure they have a few around.

I can check my box to see if I have any spares. Shoot me a PM to remind me.

However I would HIGHLY recommend Oscars leather fobs! I have a few of those on each key right next to the 914 metal cutout biggrin.gif He makes some great coasters too smile.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=333774

Did you see the pic I added? Is that what RD makes?
WOWaLotOfBees!
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 20 2018, 08:19 AM) *

Mark Bland, Engman, made those in around 2003 or 4. We had them as giveaways at the Fall Foliage Classic that Garold, Mark, Doug, Dan & I put on.

Thanks for the information. Mine is number 52/100, is that of any significance?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(WOWaLotOfBees! @ Nov 21 2018, 04:05 AM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 20 2018, 08:19 AM) *

No. biggrin.gif

Mikey914
RD has made some, others have too. Bruce stone has a more robust one you can open beer with. No logo on it. The logo thing is always an issue. No one wants to see a commercial operation "making money" on selling branded items that do not benefit the community.

seanery
QUOTE(WOWaLotOfBees! @ Nov 21 2018, 02:05 AM) *

YES!! well, no, not really.

it was just the 52nd one to get numbered! LOL
I don't think they had any significance to them. I do know, however, that there were 1 or 2 that went out un-numbered as well ;-)
seanery
oh, now look at your keychain closely, then look at the car in my avatar...the cut lines and detail... ;-)

You'll never guess where he got the file he cut. =D
seanery
I got #100 =] (see my member #?) =D

Click to view attachment
914werke
mine is #8 but its a bit bent from opening beer bottles
WOWaLotOfBees!
How do you open beer bottles with it?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(WOWaLotOfBees! @ Nov 22 2018, 02:59 AM) *

Simple. dry.gif

You buy screw off off bottle tops! beerchug.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(WOWaLotOfBees! @ Nov 21 2018, 09:59 PM) *

Same as you do with a key. Slowly.
Pursang
Back at the beginning of 2015 there was a key chain thread. I noticed that a member from SoCal has one of the same kind that I do. I don't remember where or when I got mine but I dug it out and shined it up for this photo. Slightly off topic but I am a slightly off kilter guy anyway, so there ya' go.

IPB Image
WOWaLotOfBees!

Excellent!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.