Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What price range?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
retrotech
Please try to give me the high and low value,that you would give to the following.
1973 minimal rust, really.
FB rockers & bumpers, front hatchet job to open air for radiator mounted downward, fan above. Funky, but functional installation, needs ducting.
Shift is tight & smoth, no major leaks. Possible CV joint noise, 4 barrel, stock cast headers, with weird [need to change] exhaust system.
Decent interior, with cracked dash.
Brakes felt really weak, steering solid, drives good. Red paint that is usable, top to match. Engine sounds/feels strong, roller rockers, clutch feels too hard to depress?
Sarts right up, no smoke, drives pretty well for sitting, not be used, and well sorted. Aero rockers, rear shirt, with large spoiler.

Give me, with in reason the high & low resale value.
Is anyone looking for a 914 like this?

Thanks,

Retro
dan10101
Ok, I'll play...

You gave all the reasons for the low figure I'm giving. It doesn't sound very special for a V8 car. A lot of money and time to get it into proper shape.
$1500 Low.

Hopefully it looks better than it sounds. Pictures may change my numbers a bit. 5 lug or big brake conversion. Proper radiator and good cooling would bring the number up. Overall looks may be better than it sounds.

$4500 high.

This car with the items in another thread like FI, 930 or 915 tranny, Alum heads would make these figures go up significantly.

I may be way off, but at least you have some feedback..
Dan
retrotech
Thanks for the responce.
I sell Vintage Porsches, and I always prefer to under describe, than over describe. The 914 is probably a little better than I said.
It does have 5 lug hubs. Here is a picture. If I bought it, it would sell for around $6,000.
retrotech
Anyone know what tranny this is?
Andyrew
We'll not to voice over my dad....

But...

Its got 5 lug, decent paint.... It doesnt look bad.

I'd say 4k low (it drives doesnt it?) and 6.5k high...

901 trani (stock trani)
I wouldnt expect anything different from it.. Its a side shift as well.

Show a pic of the radiator setup, interior, hell hole, and engine compartment.

Price will go up or down based on that.
retrotech
Radiator
rhodyguy
i think enough of the front trunk was removed dry.gif . what's the verdit on rigidity loss with the whole floor removed?

k
aircooledboy
QUOTE (retrotech @ Jun 19 2005, 09:04 AM)
Radiator

ohmy.gif icon8.gif. . . . . ohmy.gif screwy.gif . . . . ohmy.gif headbang.gif

I think the high value just fell to about 2500. confused24.gif

IMHO, the front trunk floor needs to be replaced, and the the cooling started over. Not a cheap proposition.
boxstr
You better stick to 356s.
CCLINLMFAO
neo914-6
QUOTE (retrotech @ Jun 19 2005, 06:56 AM)
Anyone know what tranny this is?

You mean adapter, since I'm sure you know your 914 tranny's. Still hard to tell but could be anyones except Jaide.

If the radiator works well, I would just have a tubular cross frame welded in. Some of the welded framing looks unprofessional.

I'd estimate 4-6k. In your area you may go higher with less choices. There are more conversions in CA to choose so it's easier to get picky. I am impressed CAMP914 sells them at a premium but he picks very good examples, has a good reputation, and can offer support or service (don't know if he sells warrantys).

Andyrew
Come on guys, be nice....

500 for a new trunk floor and stiffening... 2k for a radiator setup from renegade and its not a bad car... Unless theres rust.

We still need to see the interior though..

I would think you could sell it for 5k.

SirAndy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jun 19 2005, 10:13 AM)
I would think you could sell it for 5k.

dude, he cut away everything that holds your front suspension in place! ohmy.gif

i wouldn't drive that thing to the liquor store 2 blocks away.

that's not just stupid, that's dangerous ...
wacko.gif Andy
retrotech
Thanks guys, for the input. I don't take any of it personal except Craig's, smart ass comment.
I don't own the car, and came to most of the same conclusions that were pointed out.
Sometimes things are just so cheap, its a temptation. I knew the collective knowledge on this board would confirm, what I already knew.
I will walk away from this one.
boxstr
If you don't want input then don't ask for it. You don't have to PM me.
CCL
retrotech
I didn't realize you gave me any input?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.