Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Restoration Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
torakki
I'm new to this forum so thought I'd make my first post. I recently started a '74 2.0 project, rotissorie restoration. I've restored a hand full of 911's in the past and this is my second 914. The first was pretty major but not to this extent. Here's a few pix so far. I'm sure I'll have questions in the future so, I'm introducing myself now. Thanks, Bob
torakki
...seems I can only add 2 photos at a time....
buck toenges
I think you should add door supports as soon as possible.

Buck
torakki
...and now to current progress.
xperu
I really like these kind of threads. Nice job Bob. Keep it coming. Mike Kelly
bbrock
Well that was quick! biggrin.gif welcome.png Would love to see some prep shots. Looks like it was a solid tub. Any rust repair involved?
Cairo94507
welcome.png Boy that was fast. I have been waiting a really long time to see mine in color and it is just getting there. Would love to see more photos of the in-progress work to prepare for the color change. Great car to restore too. Where in Nor Cal are you? beerchug.gif
torakki
Thanks for he comments. I'm in Fairfield. I do have more shots of the welding and body work. Will post soon, once I figure out how to post more than a few at a time.
There was a little rust in the sail wings and front trunk support frame work. Also, rear trunk area. I think I'm into it at about 3 months now but starting to slow down since it's detail work to do. Cleaning, fixing and painting all the parts before thy go back on.
Today will be suspension and brakes. Pix coming soon..... Bob
Larmo63
Wow, that looks like a great start!!

welcome.png
torakki
Here's a few shots of one of the rust areas. More to come soonClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=676617]Click to view attachment
bbrock
Now we're talkin'! Thanks! beerchug.gif

The number of pics you can upload depends on the file size of each pic as there is a per post limit. I resize all my pics to about 800 pixels wide before uploading which still displays pretty large but lets you add about 6-8 images per post.
torakki
...here's the "done" photo of the one section of rust repair. I didn't spend a tone of time since it wont be to visable.
Yea, thanks for the photo info. I was thinking it was either something like that or maybe I'm restricked since I'm a new poster. I'll try and shrink some in the future.
OK, on to more color sanding......
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very very nice

QUOTE(torakki @ Nov 29 2018, 02:53 PM) *

...here's the "done" photo of the one section of rust repair. I didn't spend a tone of time since it wont be to visable.
Yea, thanks for the photo info. I was thinking it was either something like that or maybe I'm restricked since I'm a new poster. I'll try and shrink some in the future.
Click to view attachment

Morph914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 29 2018, 05:00 PM) *

very very nice

QUOTE(torakki @ Nov 29 2018, 02:53 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Is the color Pheonix red?

Cheers,
John
torakki
The color is Hugger orange. I wanted continetal orange, a Porsche color, but here in CA, $900 per gallon, so I looked for something similar.
More photos soon....
Thanks
Hine62
Wow, looks fantastic and awesome color! Nice work on that patch repair.
Tdskip
Belated welcome!

Keep us posted on your progress - nice work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.