Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ClubNarp.com Set to Expire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm listing this here because, even I, the holder of the domain name, can't log in to the website.

The domain expires on December 7th. If you want any data off the site, get it now.

I won't be checking back on this thread. If you need to reach me: joe@914rs.com or (386)256-9146.

beerchug.gif
Series9
For those who are unaware of the history of ClubNarp.com, here is an abbreviated history:

In December of 2006, the "major event" occurred at 914Club.com that caused the split that created 914World.com.

During the intense week when those events unfolded, a couple of members decided to discuss the creation of ClubNarp.com.

At the time, I was a very close friend of Joe Sharp.

The person who was talking about creating ClubNarp was basically unknown to me.

After talking to Sharp about the situation, I decided to quickly grab the domain name while it was still available. I did this to protect Joe Sharp, who I saw as the owner of the NARP name and concept.

From that point on, there was the management of the site and me, the owner of the domain. They did their job and I paid the dues for the name. It was kind of a check-and-balance arrangement that kept Sharp's concept in his control (if he wanted it, which he never did).

I don't know what happened on the other side, but the site is dead, as is my relationship with Mr. Sharp.

I'm ending my support by not renewing the domain name.

I won't be giving it to someone else, unless they have Sharp contact me and ask me to do so.
76-914
That don't mean you can't drop in and say Hi once in awhile. Did you ever post the final pic's of your trucks cosmetic overhaul Joe? You weren't near that shootout the other day were you? beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Good to hear your still around Joe
porschetub
Sorry but the term NARP thing is lost with me,years ago folks used similar terms for the 912 ,928,968,964 and others.....have a look @ resale values now and see how they have risen over their respective model years and lately.
Sorry this has not worked for me Porsche never put their name on this car for no reason.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 23 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Sorry but the term NARP thing is lost with me,years ago folks used similar terms for the 912 ,928,968,964 and others.....have a look @ resale values now and see how they have risen over their respective model years and lately.
Sorry this has not worked for me Porsche never put their name on this car for no reason.

Pretty sure the NARP term in this use was giving everyone else the thumb. I still have a Team NARP sticker on my tow car. I went through decades of discriminating PCA BS but still told people I drove a 914 even though a 993 was my DD.

bernbomb914
Joe good hearing from you haven't heard from you since

914 Ranch
I'm having mixed emotions about this. There is some good information over there but we as the online 914 community don't need it anymore. We have grown a lot and the cars have gotten better and ourselves have gotten more knowledgeable about them. When I started Team NARP we could get 14 cars together but at least 2 of them had to be push started to leave. In 09 I did the WCR and I was the only one to call AAA. 50 Cars at Cars and Coffee and 50 cars at The Streets of Willow.
There is a lot of entertaining reading on NARP but Jon Nelson's build and my own will be the real loss.
Unless there is a way to get the information over here it is probably going to go away.
My position at Club NARP was member number 27. 26 people knew more about Club NARP than I did.

driving.gif

P S. Thanks Ed.
Chris914n6
There is a way to download the whole site onto your computer, or at least the forum db and the files folder. @SirAndy could do it pretty easy, but it requires Admin access to the server.
Madswede
After reading this, I checked into ClubNARP for the first time in a few months. I now see that (even though I could log in) there are no pictures on my car's build thread any more. It's just text, frequently referring to an image that no longer exists. I guess they're all gone now. Sad. Never knew how to get that info off that server anyway. Ah well. A real pity, that.

I do have several pictures still on my own fb page, and some downloaded on my computer, but not all that much. I should at least take notes of all the things Joe did when building the car, just for posterity. I'd forgotten about the stiffening kit, for one example.

Strange what can happen in a few years time.

- Jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.