Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Christmas Sale at Spokeworks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Christmas sale now till end of the year.

Spokeworks LED

10% off all products. Take another 5% off the sale price for orders over $200 using the coupon "spoke" when checking out.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you for your support.

Spoke

We do custom LED projects for those unique applications.

Here's a Ferrari 348 with custom taillight fixtures and custom LEDs.

Click to view attachment

A gentleman from Belgium wanted to surprise his uncle with custom running lights for his 356 for Christmas last year. However a 6 week project turned into 6 months but turned out quite unique.

Here's a picture of the hood-mounted lights.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The lights turned out to be quite bright. We used 19 soft white power LEDs with focusing lenses. To dissipate the heat the LEDs were backed with a large heat sink and the switching converter placed on a separate PCB.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

On the non-LED side, I designed a small motor controller for my model railroad club. This controller is used to power animations on the layout.

BTW, if you happen to be near Ambridge, PA during the weekends in December, check out the Ohio Valley Lines layout at our open house.

Ohio Valley Lines

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif

I’ve got every one of Spoke’s 914 products but one, an im’a order that one now cause - SALE ! evilgrin.gif
mb911
I may have to buy some of these. Need to sell some of parts as well to fund em.
Coondog
Best bang for your buck Mods out there..... smile.gif
914Sixer
Ordered up some side marker lights
dan10101
Do you have anything that could be used as headlights in the 914 front turn signal pod? Doesn't have to be plug and play, but I'm seeing what's out there.

Felix's car as an example..

Click to view attachment

Andyrew
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Nov 27 2018, 02:06 PM) *

Do you have anything that could be used as headlights in the 914 front turn signal pod? Doesn't have to be plug and play, but I'm seeing what's out there.

Click to view attachment

Not that i've seen. Only Felix and Garland

Garlands build. I'd read the whole thread. His headlight mod (earlier page) is pretty cool
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2375311

Spoke
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Nov 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *

Thanks for asking although I haven't done much with high power headlight applications. Applications like these require an entire fixture to work correctly. The LEDs that I do are mainly low power drop-in boards to existing fixtures for marker, brakes, and turnsignals.

The only thing I did was some Marchal running lights with LEDs for a 356. This was a one-off to see if I could do it. It worked out pretty well although as a headlight it doesn't have that sharp upper cut-off like modern headlights have.
dan10101
QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 30 2018, 04:16 AM) *

QUOTE(dan10101 @ Nov 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *

Thanks for asking although I haven't done much with high power headlight applications. Applications like these require an entire fixture to work correctly. The LEDs that I do are mainly low power drop-in boards to existing fixtures for marker, brakes, and turnsignals.

The only thing I did was some Marchal running lights with LEDs for a 356. This was a one-off to see if I could do it. It worked out pretty well although as a headlight it doesn't have that sharp upper cut-off like modern headlights have.

Thanks, you do nice work.
Spoke
By the way, for orders $200 and over, take an additional 5% off the sale price using the coupon "spoke" when checking out.

Remember to routinely check all exterior lights on your car even if they're LEDs. The actual LED component may have a much longer life expectancy than incandescent bulbs but they are more complex and have a lot more circuitry. With circuit boards, resistors, diodes, capacitors, transistors, and ICs controlling the LED current, the LED lights on a car have many more failure potentials than the filament light bulb. Here's some examples.

There's something amiss with this Prius's left brake light as it is much dimmer than the passenger side. The running lights are not on in the picture so whatever circuitry drives the left side lights is having issues. The LEDs are lit but not very bright. It appears that one of the LEDs in the center row near the outside of the vehicle might be completely out. I doubt this will pass vehicle inspection. Wonder what this will cost to repair?

Click to view attachment

The LEDs on this truck are on their way out. The outside driver side LED has all 10 LEDs on. The other 3 lights have some sort of issue unless this unit has a smiley/frowny face feature. Looks like there's 5 strings of LEDs with 2 LEDs in each string.

Click to view attachment

Even those folks who have retired to The Villages in Florida may need to check the LED brake lights on their carts. In this blurry picture a couple of the LEDs are out on the driver side.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.