Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber site issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matty900
I am still working on trying to get things on the site correctly and fix bugs. If you see something that isn't working or have any feedback, can you please let me know. Thank you for your support. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
My wife bought me a gift card but I don’t know how to use it. I have a paypal receipt number, it that’s all
bbrock
The comment box on the Contact Us form uses white font on white background so you can't see what you are typing. There was another place that did that also - I think it was adding a custom shipping address during checkout.

The biggest bug I've seen is there is no complete Restoration Kit on sale for 30% off lol-2.gif
Morph914
I was trying to purchase the late rubber kit for $679 yesterday before it said out of stock, but I was unable to complete the purchase due to both shipping options being unavailable. sad.gif
That being said, I was happy with some of the purchases made earlier in the day. biggrin.gif
Morph914
popcorn[1].gif
bbrock
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 07:47 PM) *

I was trying to purchase the late rubber kit for $679 yesterday before it said out of stock, but I was unable to complete the purchase due to both shipping options being unavailable. sad.gif
That being said, I was happy with some of the purchases made earlier in the day. biggrin.gif

I had the same issue. Tried several times throughout the day without luck. Then I added another item to my cart and the shipping options reappeared. Don't know if it was coincidence or not.
Matty900
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 24 2018, 06:20 PM) *

My wife bought me a gift card but I don’t know how to use it. I have a paypal receipt number, it that’s all

The code was sent to your email, but it was before when you would have been looking for it. So I just resent it to you. Check your junk mail and let me know if you need any help
Matty900
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 24 2018, 06:27 PM) *

The comment box on the Contact Us form uses white font on white background so you can't see what you are typing. There was another place that did that also - I think it was adding a custom shipping address during checkout.

The biggest bug I've seen is there is no complete Restoration Kit on sale for 30% off lol-2.gif

The White background with white letters huh.gif It is something in the design side that I don't have access to. Seems like it would be an easy fix, I just can't figure out how to get to the place where I would be able to do that.

One of the plans is to use some of the money raised from this weekends sale to get some help in working bugs out.

poke.gif I can't even figure out how he came up with that listing. It was Supposed to be and Easy Button, That is more like and pilot checklist to prepare for taking off. We will create a new version of the kits that hopefully make it a little easier. However if you add all of the stuff up that is in that kit on the old site, I believe it is more than 30% off all of with all of the stuff in it. poke.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 06:47 PM) *

Sorry, that was me panicking when I went to turn the sale on and it would not apply discounts to the bundles. I did not want to oversell them, so I was going to make a new listing so we could control the amount sold. The problem then was that it had no idea how to calculate shipping. So I ended up having to edit the original listings that I will have to clean up later.
The Good News is that I put ALL of the kits on sale and for even less. So hopefully that made up for it for you beerchug.gif

So if you guys did not notice, that is over $240 off w00t.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 24 2018, 06:47 PM) *

See post above beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
No email in the junk folder either. My address is wmshott@gmail.com.
jjs3rd914
I'm trying to place order on old and new site, old site more expensive for same items. But new site will not allow any shipping option, says option not available.

Help

Jjs3rd914
Matty900
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 25 2018, 10:36 AM) *

No email in the junk folder either. My address is wmshott@gmail.com.

Success! We finally got this one figured out! Thank you Billy for your patience on this one. beerchug.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(jjs3rd914 @ Nov 25 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I'm trying to place order on old and new site, old site more expensive for same items. But new site will not allow any shipping option, says option not available.

Help

Jjs3rd914

I am guessing that you are trying to purchase something that will not allow a back order on. I will send you a PM so we can figure it out.
Matty900
BIG ISSUES
So in trying to figure out what was going on with Billys order, we discovered that the site still had some very old email addresses floating around in it that were not monitored. So there were some messages in there asking questions about things that no one was seeing. So we fixed that.

Check out issues without signing in, The site was still set to allow you to check out without signing in. This is a very big problem. It didn't ask for any information other than an email address. So there is no way for us to contact you if there is an issue with your order or shipping questions. So if you didn't get your email address correct, (found 3 emails that order confirmations bounced from because they did not exist) We have no way of contacting you blink.gif If you don't have a and order confirmation email. please send me a PM so we can get that fixed.

So You will definitely want to set up an account. It has some pretty cool features like a wish list, product comparisons, order history ect. It is not signing you up for the newsletter so you will not get any extra emails but you may want to do that too. That is something we have some big plans for too.
DickSteinkamp
I haven't rcd an answer to my questions sent from the new site. No problem if they will be answered before the deals expire.

BTW, when do the deals expire?
Pursang
Matty, I know a guy who has a web design company. I'm sure there are plenty of such options and you can choose whomever you wish but I know this guy's outfit is good. If you're interested in talking to him, send me a PM and I will give you his web link.
jjs3rd914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 25 2018, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jjs3rd914 @ Nov 25 2018, 01:06 PM) *

Help

Jjs3rd914

I am guessing that you are trying to purchase something that will not allow a back order on. I will send you a PM so we can figure it out.

Retried today after I created an account and it worked perfectly. Thanks

jjs3rd914

GregAmy
Commentary on the new site:

- Slow. Workable, but pokey.
- Disappointed that old account did not come over, along with order history. How long will old info be available?
- White-on-white comment box as above. If I had not read that prior then I'd'a been lost.
- Typo on order confirmation: "An email receipt including the detail's about your order..."
jvmarino
I was wondering if the corduroy seat sets are also on sale. They do not show on the new site, but only on the old site.

Jim
Matty900
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 26 2018, 07:12 AM) *

Commentary on the new site:

- Slow. Workable, but pokey.
- Disappointed that old account did not come over, along with order history. How long will old info be available?
- White-on-white comment box as above. If I had not read that prior then I'd'a been lost.
- Typo on order confirmation: "An email receipt including the detail's about your order..."

Greg,
Thank you for the feedback I do appreciate it.
The account information has to be set by you because there are privacy safeguards in place to keep anyone from exporting your passwords. Some people will use the same password for everything and it could be a security issue. We are going to try and migrate over the order history if we can but we will not be shutting the old site down entirely, just turning off the payment options. So you should be able to log in to the old account for the foreseeable future.
Matty900
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 25 2018, 07:21 PM) *

I haven't rcd an answer to my questions sent from the new site. No problem if they will be answered before the deals expire.

Dick,
Sorry I have been up all night working on the site and putting things on for Cyber Monday. I will leave most of the Black Friday sales up for the day and they will end at Midnight Pacific time.
We still have a lot of things to get on the new site and plenty of new parts that we have not even launched yet. So here is the deal of the century and I will not be able to keep it up very long for obvious reasons. I have put up gift cards with this deal. You will get an additional 30% in a gift card tomorrow after the sale is over. They never expire and they can be used on everything through the site but the new Apparel because that is through a 3rd party vendor.
So that basically will extend the Black Friday event for you indefinitely. aktion035.gif
Hope that helps.
Thanks again for your support.
Matt
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 26 2018, 07:49 AM) *

QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 25 2018, 07:21 PM) *

Dick,
Sorry I have been up all night working on the site and putting things on for Cyber Monday. I will leave most of the Black Friday sales up for the day and they will end at Midnight Pacific time.

Matt

Thanks, Matt.

My question had to do with what is included in the seat upholstery kits. The first description on the page says "Pre-sewn seat center section and bottom". Further down it says " it includes a bottom cover with sewn leatherette for covering the cushion, a seat back with a sewn leatherette cover for the headrest, and a color matched seat bolster for the sides and back of the seat core itself."

I'm going to assume the second description is the correct one and that the kit includes the bolster and back covers. I'll go ahead and order.

BTW, my bumper toppers arrived last week. Beautiful! Thanks for taking such good care of us and the hobby.

-Dick-
PanelBilly
I bought the led lights yesterday and now they are on sale.
bdstone914
Hi Dick,

I have been helping Matt with parts cataloging on the site.

I reviewed the three options for seat kits. basket weave vinyl, Plaid, and Hounds tooth.

Which one interest you?

Non of them include the seat bolsters.
The vinyl bolster kit is extra. They are still on sale through today.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s...-seat-bolster-1

Hope that helps
Bruce

Thanks, Matt.

My question had to do with what is included in the seat upholstery kits. The first description on the page says "Pre-sewn seat center section and bottom". Further down it says " it includes a bottom cover with sewn leatherette for covering the cushion, a seat back with a sewn leatherette cover for the headrest, and a color matched seat bolster for the sides and back of the seat core itself."

I'm going to assume the second description is the correct one and that the kit includes the bolster and back covers. I'll go ahead and order.

BTW, my bumper toppers arrived last week. Beautiful! Thanks for taking such good care of us and the hobby.

-Dick-
[/quote]

@Matty900

bdstone914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 26 2018, 10:23 AM) *

I bought the led lights yesterday and now they are on sale.

Billy,
Let me see if we can get you the sale price.
Bruce

@matty900
@PanelBilly
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 26 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Hi Dick,

I reviewed the three options for seat kits. basket weave vinyl, Plaid, and Hounds tooth.

Which one interest you?

Hope that helps
Bruce

Bruce,
I ordered the late basketweave this morning based on this description on the product page...

Black late basketweave

"New reproduction seat inserts for adjustable seats. This set is for one seat, it includes a bottom cover with sewn leatherette for covering the cushion, a seat back with a sewn leatherette cover for the headrest, and a color matched seat bolster for the sides and back of the seat core itself."

The plaid and houndstooth do not include the seat bolster according to their descriptions on the product pages.

Is the description of the parts included for the basketweave in error?
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 26 2018, 09:07 AM) *

Hi Dick,

Which one interest you?

Hope that helps
Bruce

Bruce,
I ordered the late basketweave this morning based on this description on the product page...

Black late basketweave

"New reproduction seat inserts for adjustable seats. This set is for one seat, it includes a bottom cover with sewn leatherette for covering the cushion, a seat back with a sewn leatherette cover for the headrest, and a color matched seat bolster for the sides and back of the seat core itself."

The plaid and houndstooth do not include the seat bolster according to their descriptions on the product pages.

Can I get a reading on this? The product description on the web site is still showing that the bolsters are included. I didn't order the bolsters based on this. Is the product description wrong?
Chris914n6
poke.gif Disc Break front
Matty900
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 26 2018, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Nov 26 2018, 09:07 AM) *

Hi Dick,

Which one interest you?

Hope that helps
Bruce

Bruce,

Black late basketweave

Can I get a reading on this? The product description on the web site is still showing that the bolsters are included. I didn't order the bolsters based on this. Is the product description wrong?

I replied to your PM but so everyone else knows:
This definitely needs some attention and we will work on making the listings more uniform. It's a result of the project being such a big project for little guys like us trying to shoe string this project along and keep up with everythingelse. The listings have been put in there over such a long period of time that it had an impact on consistency. We have learned a lot for this weekend and we will be getting some help on fixing lots of issues we were able to see from this weekend. It was hard to ask someone to help us fix the site without having a good understanding about what the issues were. So please keep them coming guys. Here or in a PM. beerchug.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Nov 26 2018, 05:13 PM) *

poke.gif Disc Break front

Yep, the navigation for the listing is on the to do list. However the front brakes are listed on the part itself
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/r...-brake-calipers

We will be working with PMB to develop an on the shelf part for everyone. It will be the same price that Eric sells them for, this is just a convenience thing to try and offer more of everything you need for your 914. So please watch for these to show up on the site with more details.
The listing is live and there are front and rear brakes on there, we just have to work out what the core deposit is and the details of it.
Any suggestions?
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 27 2018, 04:28 AM) *

I replied to your PM but so everyone else knows:
beerchug.gif

Thanks, Matthew!
Gearup
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 24 2018, 06:41 PM) *

I am still working on trying to get things on the site correctly and fix bugs. If you see something that isn't working or have any feedback, can you please let me know. Thank you for your support. beerchug.gif

Hey there,
I purchased items from the Black Friday
Last year and I was in Shanghai over the weekend. I tried to contact you guys
Using the prompt to let you know I was interested in your rubber package (my car is about to assembled) but when I typed in the open field nothing would appear but the cursor would move. Weird. Am I to late to get the complete rubber package? Thanks, Brett
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.