Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hub cover for front rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Ok, I got a set of Eric Shea front calipers and I figured they deserved new rotors and bearings right? So I put all of this together and threw in a set of braided brake lines as well and when I went to button the job up... The damn hub covers are just a bit small for the new rotors. I have been tapping away at these things for two weeks now... (with of course work and other things in between attempts).

Any thoughts or ideas? I had thought about going to a muffler shop and having them use the tubing expander on them. Not much just enough to expand them a little. I also ordered new hub covers from Porsche but when they came they had a square hole in the center and the parts guy says whatever goes in that is no longer available and he doesn't know what it is anyway...

So, ideas??? wacko.gif

Rob
Cap'n Krusty
"Ideas"? Sure..... Sh*t can those brake lines. Oh, you mean about the dust caps. First thing is to measure them. Then measure the od of the hub. Compare the sizes. If they're close, drive the caps on. They're supposed to have an interference fit. Pictures might be of some help in diagnosing the problem. The Cap'n
rhodyguy
would the square hole be for the speedo cable for a vw?

k
Eric_Shea
I have a couple extra covers I can send with your rear calipers (shipping tomorrow). wink.gif
Dr Evil
There are at least two styles that I have seen, FYI.
ConeDodger
Eric, Thanks, I will look forward to your care package. I assume you got my cores? I worried about buying them and sending them sight unseen. Just want to make sure your not getting junk for cores.

I got a private email on this suggesting a little emery cloth to the hub surface.

I am thinking that my hubs covers might be just a little out of round?

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.