Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: storage tub of new rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Edge
Doing a restoration on a 914 that a PO had stopped on years ago. It came with a storage tub with new rubber. Pieces have string tags with parts no. like:
RP 4007 A
RP 4012 A
RP 4016 B
etc.......
Anyone have an idea what company these may have come from?

Trying to figure out what I have an not have before 914Rubber black Friday sale goes off.

Thanks for any help,

Bruce
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Nov 25 2018, 05:11 PM) *

Doing a restoration on a 914 that a PO had stopped on years ago. It came with a storage tub with new rubber. Pieces have string tags with parts no. like:
RP 4007 A
RP 4012 A
RP 4016 B
etc.......

Trying to figure out what I have an not have before 914Rubber black Friday sale goes off.

Thanks for any help,

Bruce

Pictures will be the key.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Nov 25 2018, 03:11 PM) *

RP 4007 A
RP 4012 A
RP 4016 B
etc.......

Thanks for any help,

Bruce

That almost sounds like the Auto Atlanta 914 seals package parts ID. Maybe send a PM on here to George Hussey/Dr.914 to see if that was the source.

Those numbers aren't Porsche/VW part numbers

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Bruce Edge
Thanks Guy's
I'll stretch all the pieces out an figure out where they go. I'm ready to go to paint on this car, so I was going to look at what rubber I needed soon. The 914Rubber sale made me jump today. I did go ahead an order a dash and other obvious parts I do know I need.

Thanks again,
Bruce
Matty900
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Nov 25 2018, 04:29 PM) *

Thanks Guy's
I'll stretch all the pieces out an figure out where they go. I'm ready to go to paint on this car, so I was going to look at what rubber I needed soon. The 914Rubber sale made me jump today. I did go ahead an order a dash and other obvious parts I do know I need.

Thanks again,
Bruce

Hey Bruce if you want to email me some pictures I can probably help you figure them out. There are some that you may just want from us anyway like the Outer Door seal made with neoprene or the Main Targa Seal with the metal coextruded in the rubber so it dosen't fall out if you have to pull the seal back off.
Happy to help where I can.
Matt@914rubber.com
Bruce Edge
Hey Mat,
Thank you very much. I'll get it all laid out, take some pix, you can let me know what I am missing and what I need to improve on. A gracious gesture from someone that's so busy.
You are a great/positive contribution to the 914.

thank you,
Bruce E
dr914@autoatlanta.com
those are not our numbers but maybe PB tweets from long ago. Like previously stated we could easily identify by a picture. All of our 914 rubber products are in by porsche part number prefixed by a B
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Nov 25 2018, 07:29 PM) *

Thanks Guy's

Thanks again,
Bruce

Bruce,

are you painting the car yourself ? if not, where are you taking it? Mike Branch in Wagener Sc did mind and did a great job.

Phil
mark04usa
The part numbers you listed are possibly from Automotion. If a member here has an old catalog from them, you may find some info.
Bruce Edge
Thanks again,
Laid all the rubber pieces out and figured out were they go.
George, you are probably right about PB Tweets, saw some dates like 1985.
Dr. Phil , Yes I do my paint work, I've about got the pine top method figured out.

Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.