Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Subaru Engine Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Heater Guy
Subaru Engine Mount.

These are better photos of the engine mounting system. It mounts the engine (unlike a cradle) it
does not restrict the side of the engine where space is needed for exhaust, turbo, etc.
It also allows the transaxle to be removed without removing the engine. The engine can be moved forward or back , depending on where the mounting brackets are welded to the chassis.

It provides a very strong mount. It handled the 2.7L 600 HP and 500 ft-lbs torque. The crankshaft spacer is required to adjust for the 1/2" thick motor plate from Kennedy Engineering.

$1,250.00
[size=4]
[size=4]Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Chi-town
Why did you do the bell housing spacer? Were you breaking the Small Car mount?
Heater Guy
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Dec 4 2018, 09:13 AM) *

Why did you do the bell housing spacer? Were you breaking the Small Car mount?

I ran 315-17 Hoosier slicks. The engine had over 500 ft-lbs torque. I didn't think the 4 bolts into the aluminum block would hold that much torque. I was running 30+ psi boost.

Considering during acceleration, only two of the bolts are resisting the torque in tension, the other two are doing nothing. Relying on the two bolts to hold that much torque would be a mistake. Never broke the mount. Broke a number of transmissions and half shafts.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.