Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Starter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Got one of these starters a couple months ago but didn't try it until this weekend. I was a little worried cuz I heard there were some gear reduction starters that fit our motors but didn't engage right etc. The seller promised it would work on a TIV 914.

Well this thing is awsome. It spins the motor even faster than the old unit did with the plugs out, no kidding. And it is several pounds lighter and more compact.

For $120, it is a bargain compared to the ones on PP etc.

I was always having hot start problems which is why I changed it in the first place, so don't worry about using this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW
Rog914
Got one a couple of weeks ago. Have not had a chance to put it in yet. Glad to hear it fits & works good, I was a little worried it wasn't going to work. For a $120 (125.01 w/s&h) makes it a great deal and a fine upgrade.
Thanks for the info.

Ralph

74 2.0
Andyrew
Hey....

It works for us v8 guys!!!

Dr Evil
I saw one on Johnnyx's car and your description is spot on. I now have one for my six...can't wait to use it.
sixnotfour
25 years of Porsche ownership , this is the first starter I have ever bought!!!!!!
Used the same type on big HP chev and ford ,ferrari engines , and paid alot more
they are great. smilie_pokal.gif
matt_o_70
I know a Toyota (NipponDenso) starter when I see one. Can anyone who has bought one tell if there are any of the original ND part numbers left on it?

I'd like to know so that I can pick one up locally, If needed.

Matt
RAR
Nearly half the weight of the Bosch, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.