Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
HI All,

It has been a while and I'm at the state in my ongoing restoration where I would like to repair my floor plans and lower firewall. Everything else on the car has been recondition or replaced and is running great.

The pans are in ok shape with some small holes by the pedal cluster and the drivers side rear seat platform has rusted away. Also the front seat platform is also rusted but the seat is still anchored. There was a ton of rust in the center tube that I had vacuumed out when I first got the car. In addition to pin holes around the edges of the floor pan.

There are holes in the lower fire wall as there is a few holes in the typical spots by the battery and the other side where water sit.

In the about 12 years in my possession the car has been garaged and very drivable but I'm ready to remove the rust.

I'm looking for suggestions/recommendation on Long Island in NY, I have a shop by me S&M Motor Sports and have been going to him for years but noting major like this project.

Also trying to get an idea of the cost to replace the floor pan and associated seat mounting points and the lower fire wall. I can source the parts via the suppliers here (all look like the stock Restoration Design stuff).

Thank you,
Dan
bretth
I used to live on Long Island but don't know of anyone in particular that is 914 knowledgeable there. Maybe drive the car up to Chris in CT Tangerine racing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.