Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lemans won....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Team America f*ck yeah! Comin' to save the m*therf*ckin' day now! aktion035.gif driving.gif
F1rocco
Now I got 24 hours on my DVR recorder to watch in the next couple weeks......Racing rules...Dont forget about the USGP today...Oh and happy fathers day to all...
Brett W
I hope Michelin has the tire issues worked out for the USGP.

Team America, we dominate.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Brett W @ Jun 19 2005, 06:27 AM)

Team America, we dominate.

"Team America"? Would that be in GT1 or overall? The Champion Motorsports entered Audi has had an incredible run, and managed to continue to kick butt with substantial intake restriction and added weight over past years. Exactly the same thing they did before banning the Quattros that were eating everyones lunch in Trans Am and IMSA in the late 80s/early 90s. And Kirstensen scored his 7th victory out of 9 starts, 7 in a row! Last year for the factory sponsored R8s, though. Look for their new car next year. As for GT1, the 'Vettes were lucky the Aston Martin DBR had the expected first- time-out problems, 'cause it was waaaaay faster. How many years did it take Chebby to become reliable enough to take home all the cookies? The Cap'n
Gustl
QUOTE (Brett W @ Jun 19 2005, 04:27 PM)

unfortunately not sad.gif

now they plan to install an extra schikane (to lower the top speed), but this won't meet the FIA regulations ...
Brett W
"Team America"? Would that be in GT1 or overall? The Champion Motorsports entered Audi has had an incredible run, and managed to continue to kick butt with substantial intake restriction and added weight over past years. Exactly the same thing they did before banning the Quattros that were eating everyones lunch in Trans Am and IMSA in the late 80s/early 90s. And Kirstensen scored his 7th victory out of 9 starts, 7 in a row! Last year for the factory sponsored R8s, though. Look for their new car next year. As for GT1, the 'Vettes were lucky the Aston Martin DBR had the expected first- time-out problems, 'cause it was waaaaay faster. How many years did it take Chebby to become reliable enough to take home all the cookies? The Cap'n

Overall, even though the Audi drivers weren't American. Even In GT1, he who crosses the finish line first wins, whether there is anyone in second place or not. The Corvettes were down 50+ HP anyways due to the octane issue. Yes the Aston Martin was faster. I watched the in car footage and could see Ron Fellows having a hard time keeping up with the Aston Martin, but they won. Sometimes races are won in the pits. Pit mistakes cost time so anytime you save in teh pits means minutes on the course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.