Full Version: OTTO"S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericg
Can anybody give me feedback on Otto's in Venice California
Im buying a 75 1.8 and need to find a good mechanic in Los Angeles
Bleyseng
Maybe Miles will chime in here for some Fathers Day fun! biggrin.gif
SLITS
Edelweiss Porsche Haus in Torrance....Adrian (if he will still work on a /4)

Otto's....John knows his stuff...as with all shops, has some disgruntled customers (that's all I will say).

Most teener owners are cheap and don't want to pay the going rate for "Porsche Mechanics", so find a guy that does VWs.

Better yet....do it yourself...books are cheap...this site will give you more information than you can handle.
grantsfo
If I lived in Los Angeles area I wouldnt take my 914 to anyone other than John at Ottos. He worked on my 74 1.8 when I lived in Pacific Palisades and did an outstanding job. He also taught me a lot about the car. John has been working on and racing 914's since the early 1970's.
Joe Bob
Yup Otto is ok....he's expensive, crusty, likes to yak, will keep ya waiting while he does 50 other things, and then start the conversation where ya left off....but the altrnatives to him are ... idea.gif

Welcome to the vintage Porsche world. If it was easy, you would do it yerself.... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.