Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Else Watching the New 911 Reveal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
https://newstv.porsche.de/en/
bbrock
Well now I am. Thanks beerchug.gif
Larmo63
It looks like a 2 door version of the latest Panamera.
Nacho
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
Tdskip
Ugh - this is the first one that I haven't gone "how the hell did they manage to make it look even better?" in a long while.

First impressions aren't grabbing me.

Oh, and get off my lawn since I'm an old coot how apparently...
Mike Bellis
I watched it until the boring German dude started talking. How is the Chinese girl the "Spirit of Porsche"?
bbrock
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 27 2018, 09:20 PM) *

It looks like a 2 door version of the latest Panamera.

Yep. I'm not feelin' it at all huh.gif... and get off MY lawn.
Beebo Kanelle
3,465 pounds of road hugging weight
mepstein
Reminds me of a Nissan.
But I'm not there buyer anyway.
Cairo94507
That is a big rear spoiler when it raises. Overall, I like the body. A little disappointed that the entire model line will now get the center rear light/reflector as that has been the differentiating feature of the 4S for a while now. I also worry about the huge wheels with the really low-profile tires- our roads in CA continue to crumble and we have potholes everywhere-not a good combination for low-profile tires. 450 HP is nice. My '10 4S has 385 for comparison. I am guessing you are going to be going out the door for just under $150K-all in.
iankarr
Looks a lot like a cayman without the kardashian booty
Front yard mechanic
Guess I'm going to have to put that rear reflector back on deadhorse.gif
thelogo
I get it
its a amazing car

But if won the lotto id still buy a 993 or canepa 959 1st
and work that clutch pedal with a big smile on my face wub.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
oh boy a rare opportunity to spend over 100 grand. Does not do a thing for me.
GeorgeRud
Makes a Cayman look that much better! I can’t say much good about the interior, but the outside is mostly a pleasing shape ( though I much preferred the blue car to the yellow one with the big ‘mouth’). Definitely going for more of a GT car look than a nimbly sports car these days.
SteveL
No character. Just another jellybean car.
914forme
I like it except for one thing, the freakin elect nannies, build this thing raw, build it so you have to know how to drive the dang thing. Build it so it scares the stromberg.gif of me every now and again. Build it so I can watch a real drive spin it out on an autocross and miss the wall, and still set a great time. Then watch a commoner follow, and spin it backwards at the same spot into the the wall Mr. Derek Bell missed so gracefully. I know I am no Derek Bell, but I still want the raw knifes edge that tells me I F'd up, and if I get out of this alive, and no damage I have one hell of a story to tell once I become older they take my license away and I am wearing diapers and wiping droll off my lip.

I have a lot of them all ready, but as I watch my father decline, I know his story building days are winding down. That makes me want to go out and get even more with the limited time I have. aktion035.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 28 2018, 02:32 PM) *

I like it except for one thing, the freakin elect nannies, build this thing raw, build it so you have to know how to drive the dang thing. Build it so it scares the stromberg.gif of me every now and again. Build it so I can watch a real drive spin it out on an autocross and miss the wall, and still set a great time. Then watch a commoner follow, and spin it backwards at the same spot into the the wall Mr. Derek Bell missed so gracefully. I know I am no Derek Bell, but I still want the raw knifes edge that tells me I F'd up, and if I get out of this alive, and no damage I have one hell of a story to tell once I become older they take my license away and I am wearing diapers and wiping droll off my lip.

I have a lot of them all ready, but as I watch my father decline, I know his story building days are winding down. That makes me want to go out and get even more with the limited time I have. aktion035.gif

That’s whe early 911’s with skinny tires are still fun. You get to drive the car instead of the car driving you.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, George, Cayman is a much better looking car. I think that Porsche is aware of that as well, so trying hard to update the 911 image

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 28 2018, 08:55 AM) *

Makes a Cayman look that much better! I can’t say much good about the interior, but the outside is mostly a pleasing shape ( though I much preferred the blue car to the yellow one with the big ‘mouth’). Definitely going for more of a GT car look than a nimbly sports car these days.

EdwardBlume
I like it, but it’s not for the DIYer.
Ansbacher
Always knew the Germans were good at propaganda but that went off the baloney meter. That thing is butt ugly and no amount of "cool" verbiage is going to dress it up. More evidence that Porsche has lost its way. Thank God for the 1948-1998 era.

Ansbacher
Racer
I am choking on both the nostalgia and the douchebagery of this reveal. Ugh. In the 1980s and 1990s this was how I viewed Ferraris.. now its Porsches.. A little sad. But in 10-15 years, for 70% off, I will get in line to have one.
mgp4591
From some angles it almost looks refreshing but then you see other views that make it look so generic. I like some aspects of design like the new rear end... it'll be interesting to see the TechArt upgrades of the look.
eeyore
From the front it looks like a flattened New Beetle with a Passat grill treatment to the lower front end. The strips in the back remind me of a Lincoln Blackwood tailgate.

This is 986/996 fried egg headlights all over again.

Aside from the 981 and the GT2s/GT3s, the water cooled cars are pretty bland to my eye.
poorsche914
QUOTE(eeyore @ Nov 29 2018, 05:49 PM) *
The strips in the back remind me of a Lincoln Blackwood tailgate.

agree.gif
First thing that came to mind!

driving.gif
EdwardBlume
In 10 years you’ll all want one. The good news is that the 991s should be depreciating more now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.