Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for new bushings for Rear Bilsteins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carl k
Click to view attachment

I need some replacement bushings for these rear Bilstein shocks. The PO had removed one entirely, and the other is in poor shape. The rubber has a metal sleeve inside.

Any idea of a source or part number?

thanks!
Carl
Chi-town
Usually with Bilstein the sleeve is vulcanized into the bushing and isn't supposed to be separated.

mepstein
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 28 2018, 01:59 AM) *

Usually with Bilstein the sleeve is vulcanized into the bushing and isn't supposed to be separated.

agree.gif you can probable send it to Billstein or a rebuilder but I e never seen that part sold separately.
Bruce @ 914 Rubber.com
Call Bilstein. There are part numbers for bushings on some shocks.
Mblizzard
You might be able to put something together from McMaster Carr

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-drill-bushings
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, Bilstein will help you.

When I was in Australia in 1998 for the 50th anniversary celebration of Porsche, I went to a authorized Bilstein rebuilder and marveled at how they could build any shock for any application, as well as the sophisticated valving and how they gas charged the newly completed shock. He had ALL of the parts to completely recondition as well as build a new shock.

Hence I know that Bilstein will help you in this case

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2018, 05:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 28 2018, 01:59 AM) *

agree.gif you can probable send it to Billstein or a rebuilder but I e never seen that part sold separately.
carl k
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Nick, the person I got the struts from, had gone through the same exercise. His thread is here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=208430

I phoned Bilstein and they quoted me the same part number for a replacement bushing set. Nick gave up because the replacement bushings look like they'll never fit. As Chi-Town pointed out, they appear to be vulcanized to the strut body and the center sleeve. I may give it a try, but worst case Bilstein said I can ship the shocks to them and they will put in new bushings. That might not be worth it for a set of used shocks.

Carl
Matty900
We are working on these now to go along with the new springs we have now. We will have complete new Shocks as well but part of that is getting this particular part made to go in them. Don't know what your time frame is for needing these though.
yeahmag
Got a lathe or a friend with one? You could spin some Delrin in minutes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.