Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homestead Track Report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Ran a test day yesterday. Car ran great with a few improvements. Had a low speed miss but it ended up to be a loose main jet stack on #1.

Anyway, was getting ready for my last session at 4:30 when the skies opened up. In 45 minutes, the entire infield, track, pits were underwater, flooded. The center infield lot was about 24" under. A Z06 vette was up to its door handles.

So here I go in my "big old" yukon with my trailer and racecar in tow fording thru 18" of water out the parking lot, well guess what, the tunnel out of the complex is under about 6' of water at its lowest point. Some guy in a new AMG C32 totally submerged his car, even a big rig tractor tried to go out and backed out.

It kept raining for another hour and then we were all stuck in the infield until 8pm waiting for the tunnel to drain. Man we were all being eaten alive by giant mosquitos, starving, tired, but it was kind of fun hanging out and walking out on the empty racecourse.

Anyway, made it home arround 9:30 at night.

I was the first SUV to go thru. It was about 24" of water give or take and for a few seconds, I thought "oh shit"

There were dozens of porsches and other cars that probably didn't get out last night.

Imagine if there was a NASCAR event with thousands trapped. WTF Homestead?
Get a damn pump.
URY914
Nothing like a little South Florida shower to wash off the sidewalks.

Maybe you could have airboat races too?

Did the new starter work when the car was hot?

Paul
groot
That's just crazy.

Is it just me or are the weather gods pissed at racers this year?
machina
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jun 20 2005, 08:45 AM)
Did the new starter work when the car was hot?

That starter works hot, cold, wet ,dry.

I think it has more power than my old 1.7 TIV. biggrin.gif

Also, I didn't even have to modify any wires or connections to install it. 2 bolts, 2 wires and your done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.