Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gosh these cars are good...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
So my moment of 914 Zen arrived today in an unexpected way. Rather than during a canyon carving run it just hit me while I was simply running around town in the '73 1.7 FI doing every day normal stuff. It was one of those automotive moments where the car was happy, I was enjoying everything about it (even the seat was comfortable for whatever reason) and it all just came together.

I think the thing that struck me is for an every day car, keeping in mind that I don't have a commute, I found myself wondering "Do I actually need any more car than this? ".

The car was just enough - mine is far, far away from being perfect - but perfect for what it is and in harmony with how it was being used. Zen.

davep
Yup, ZEN! It is not going from A to B, but how you get there.
ConeDodger
I actually sleep better after driving the 914 around... it’s my happy place I guess. biggrin.gif
914Sixer
Nothing better than being one with the road and enjoying the scenery.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 28 2018, 05:42 PM) *

I actually sleep better after driving the 914 around... it’s my happy place I guess. biggrin.gif

You might want to double check the exhaust for leaks blink.gif
Blue6
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 28 2018, 07:14 PM) *

av-943.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Nov 28 2018, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 28 2018, 07:14 PM) *

av-943.gif

agree.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
sixnotfour
awesome and agree.gif driving.gif smoke.gif
Larmo63
Some days I get home from working, get in the 914 and just take off. Down the coast through Camp Pendleton hauling ass and not giving a shit. No radio, no phone, not a care in the world.

The sound of a vintage 911 motor doing it's thing just inches from my heart is zen.
gereed75
I do the exact same thing. I have a couple of back road loops from my house that I run - anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes, sometimes at night. Clears the mind and all is right with the world...flat six fix

My original 914 was a bone stock 73 2.0 liter that I used to comute back and forth to college 4 hrs each way, mostly interstate There was just something about the synergy of the injected four banger pulling uniformly each time to the torque peak, matched to that little car that produced a feel of tidy efficiency that was very satisfying.

Good cars indeed!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 29 2018, 12:14 AM) *

I haven’t had the roof on the car in years so I doubt that... smile.gif
RickS
Always have a big smile when I drive mine. Nothing like it in the regular car world. Zenapolousa!
jfort
Took mine out last Sunday. A little cool for having no heat but OK. GAve a friend a ride. He just picked up a GT2RS to add to his 991. He just texted me how much he enjoyed the ride. Nothing quite like that air cooled symphony. Hoping his smile and mine last all winter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.