Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Trim Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aharder
Who makes these clips? I need 8 and I only have 4 that came off ok but they are still in very bad shape

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
You can get the aftermarket ones at Sierra Madre an a few others but my experience says next time I call @bdstone914 for some OEM ones, albeit used. The aftermarket ones are much wider and require that you enlarge the holes. beerchug.gif
raynekat
Just buy factory clips...they're still available.
porschetub
Funny these little clips ,not something you see often,then I found I had some as a few of mine were missing on my car , found them in a collection of old beetle and bus stuff.....still don't know what VW they came off confused24.gif confused24.gif .
JawjaPorsche
Bought mine from Auto Atlanta.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/tinydetail.php?...0&width=645

dr914@autoatlanta.com
The factory clips are the best, nicely cad plated, the aftermarket ones that Sierra Madre sells usually come from the factory as well, as some of the importers stock them for them (and us). WURTH used to sell them as well as Winzer but no more. four required per side

QUOTE(aharder @ Nov 28 2018, 08:19 PM) *

Who makes these clips? I need 8 and I only have 4 that came off ok but they are still in very bad shape

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 28 2018, 11:06 PM) *

Just buy factory clips...they're still available.

I got mine from Porsche dealer OEM when I ordered the trim pieces as well. they also had the spring clips that hold the back side targa bar trim too. Very tight and snug! I am afraid its going to be hard to pull them out when I pull the trim to re-do this sail panel piece I have to re-do.
aharder
Great !!! Looks like I'm headed to the dealer biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of the feedback !!
Shadowfax
I have a new Porsche clip that was bought to replace one that flew off somewhere when removing the trim. Ended up finding the stray clip and have that one as an extra. I can mail it to you if you want to save $3.25. Here's the part number for your trip to the dealer: 999-591-326-01
aharder
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Nov 29 2018, 02:16 PM) *

I have a new Porsche clip that was bought to replace one that flew off somewhere when removing the trim. Ended up finding the stray clip and have that one as an extra. I can mail it to you if you want to save $3.25. Here's the part number for your trip to the dealer: 999-591-326-01

Thanks for the offer Shadow, I think I'll just buy a complete set.
The part number is very helpful biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.