Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many Porsche emblems or names can you spot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Saw this while surfing last night....
Likely a very old posting.

But my gosh, did this guy have an inferiority complex or what?
Can't say I've ever seen so many Porsche stickers, emblems, or what have you...stuck all over a car in my entire life.
Six on just the driver side alone.
Crazy....

Click to view attachment

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/10470...ashington-98005
falcor75
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 29 2018, 06:31 AM) *

Can't say I've ever seen so many Porsche stickers, emblems, or what have you...stuck all over a car in my entire life.
Crazy....

Click to view attachment

Soo classy.... smile.gif
rgalla9146
Beautifully decorated
Tom_T
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 28 2018, 10:31 PM) *

.... did this guy have an inferiority complex or what?

Maybe just a bad memory, half-zymers, CRS, etc.?? confused24.gif biggrin.gif

I've seen some 914s with more posted online in recent years! blink.gif

It wasn't much of a "thing" to do all the P-stickers back in the day - even with the NARPy Porsche folk! dry.gif

But now you can bang cheapo decals of anything out on a home printer, then sell it on evil-bay etc.! type.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JeffBowlsby
This car is an LE. As I remember it sold for ~14K a couple years ago. It would have been a profitable flip to put the correct LE livery back into place.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
what about the valve stem cover caps with the crest on them?
SO.O.C914er
I believe there is 7 showing on the drivers side. Yes that’s a bit too much! agree.gif
scallyk9
If you haven't clicked the link, you'll want to see the interior especially the dash. I saw this car at Park Place Ltd where I bought my CTTS and they were asking a lot for it, then it went to auction. I get emails from them, saw this, and had to drive over to see if it was real. Other than the VIN plate, it would take a whole lot to restore this to LE trim.
Jonathan Livesay
The link says it's sold, so apparently somebody liked it. dry.gif
bbrock
If I saw this in the wild, I don't think I could resist the urge to ask the driver, "Is that a Fiat?"
raynekat
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 29 2018, 11:56 AM) *

what about the valve stem cover caps with the crest on them?

Dang...you're probably right.

Make that 9 on the driver's side alone.....
Larmo63
The guy is over compensating for some other issue he has......Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Just in case you didn't see these previously.
iankarr
don't forget the crest on the penis pump
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 29 2018, 01:47 PM) *

This car is an LE. As I remember it sold for ~14K a couple years ago. It would have been a profitable flip to put the correct LE livery back into place.

Yep, it was in Michigan I believe. I spoke with the owner back then but we couldn't agree on a price He wanted $14k I offered $10K. My plan was to remove all the "bling" and make it a proper LE. confused24.gif
RickS
The horror. The horror. Ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Love the snake pit in the engine compartment, the double spoiler and the 3/4 steering wheel.
PanelBilly
When I read that you were surfing and you live in Portland, I thought you must be one of those crazy dudes that wear wetsuits and go out in the ocean for fun.
porschetub
QUOTE(RickS @ Nov 30 2018, 04:43 PM) *

The horror. The horror. Ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Love the snake pit in the engine compartment, the double spoiler and the 3/4 steering wheel.

agree.gif really the interior is more offensive than the exterior...if possible barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
Unobtanium-inc
You guys are looking at this all wrong, a guy had a vision and spent money to see it in real life. Yes, his vision was flawed, and heavy on the word Porsche, but, and this is a big but, he restored the car, albeit to his taste. But there is another LE that is on the road and can be brought back to stock if someone desires, and given the rising values of the LE's, someone probably will. I never poo-poo a car that was saved, because for every car that was saved in bad taste, another 5 got scrapped and scrapped cars don't do any Porsche guy any good, unless he likes his toaster to be made out of old Porsche metal.
burton73
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Nov 29 2018, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 29 2018, 01:47 PM) *

Yep, it was in Michigan I believe. I spoke with the owner back then but we couldn't agree on a price He wanted $14k I offered $10K. My plan was to remove all the "bling" and make it a proper LE. confused24.gif

At the time I was thinking the same thing.

Bob B
marksteinhilber
I especially liked the double spoiler and the corvette crossed flags on the air cleaner. Needs some mustang side mirrors though.
JamesM
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 28 2018, 10:31 PM) *

Crazy....

Maybe he got really tired of kids always asking "What type of car is that?"!
dan10101
I counted 31, but I may have missed some.

But, then again, who am I to put down someone for modifying their car.
My motto has always been "it's your car, do what you want".

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.