Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT 911 owned by a King!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
You never know what you will find, when you buy Porsches all day every day. Rusty, burned, no motor/gearbox, but the provenance is as good as it gets! The magazine article will be coming out in 2019.
66 911 ordered by King Hussein of Jordan, now at Unobtanium HQ, and no it's not for sale.
914Sixer
It's amazing what you can find out there!! biggrin.gif
mepstein
cool find.
bretth
Cool! Hopefully its time in the desert slowed the rust worm.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(bretth @ Nov 30 2018, 07:05 AM) *

Cool! Hopefully its time in the desert slowed the rust worm.

Maybe, but the muddy mountain I found it on in VA left the car full of mud, wet leaves, and plenty of rust.
GeorgeRud
King Hussein was an enthusiast that used to run go karts as well.
mepstein
My son’s friend is a king. Maybe I should sell him one of my cars and then buy it back. idea.gif
My 914
What's the game plan for the car. Restore back to original or a modified example?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(My 914 @ Dec 1 2018, 03:41 PM) *

What's the game plan for the car. Restore back to original or a modified example?

It says 'not for sale'
The next owner will decide.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 1 2018, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(My 914 @ Dec 1 2018, 03:41 PM) *

It says 'not for sale'
The next owner will decide.

Well, I'm the owner, the car is at my shop, and am saying it's not for sale. I plan to restore it and drive it. Luckily, I have most of the parts to restore it, including a period correct 66 motor and gearbox.
914forme
Cool find, but I say go for the gold, and find the 904 aktion035.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 2 2018, 11:03 AM) *

Cool find, but I say go for the gold, and find the 904 aktion035.gif

That's easy, he donated it to the Factory in the 90s, or he traded it for a new Turbo, but really more like a donation.
914forme
Wow Neat piece of history there, and to think I was standing by that 906 and did not even know that was where it as from. And most likely the 904 also, but I did not look for the numbers.

And that was a bargain for Porsche to get these two ( well really the 906) back for a turbo. Who ever setup that deal should have worked out a bonus that year. If not headbang.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 2 2018, 04:35 PM) *

Wow Neat piece of history there, and to think I was standing by that 906 and did not even know that was where it as from. And most likely the 904 also, but I did not look for the numbers.

And that was a bargain for Porsche to get these two ( well really the 906) back for a turbo. Who ever setup that deal should have worked out a bonus that year. If not headbang.gif

According to the Jordanian's, the deal was not for the 904 and 906, the 906 was just on loan, so not as bad of a deal as the story lets us think it is.
JeffBowlsby
So if these were given back to Zuff, then how did they end up on USA soil?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 2 2018, 05:10 PM) *

So if these were given back to Zuff, then how did they end up on USA soil?

The 904 is still in the Factory Museum, the 906 was said to be on loan, so it must have gone back to the King at some point, not sure if Jordan still has it.
The 911 we don't know how it made it's way over here, the guy I got it from got it from a salvage yard with a burned 2.7 motor in it years ago.
Racer
Perhaps was brought to the Jordanian embassy in DC and then left here?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Racer @ Dec 3 2018, 05:12 AM) *

Perhaps was brought to the Jordanian embassy in DC and then left here?

That actually sounds like a good theory. Back when these cars were just used cars. My favorite is when someone tells me about some really rare Porsche they almost bought back in the day but they didn't like the color, oh the irony!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.