Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late fuel pump cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Stripping down a used pump cover that goes on the fuel tank bulkhead yesterday and found some adhesive residue around the perimeter. Was there a gasket that went on this? Can't find this part anywhere in the PET and I don't see a gasket in the one photo of the cover plate the service manual. Just curious.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
No gasket, probably glue over spray attaching the bulkhead cover.
914werke
agree.gif Ive never encountered one in all these yrs
bbrock
Awesome! Thanks guys and the answer I was hoping for. beerchug.gif

The cover over spray makes perfect sense. Amazing the amount of archeology one has to do restoring these things even when we think we know the cars inside and out. smile.gif
pilothyer
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 30 2018, 10:14 AM) *

Stripping down a used pump cover that goes on the fuel tank bulkhead yesterday and found some adhesive residue around the perimeter. Was there a gasket that went on this? Can't find this part anywhere in the PET and I don't see a gasket in the one photo of the cover plate the service manual. Just curious.

Click to view attachment

Gasket would not have been a bad idea, but never saw one in any I've seen.
75914-L20C
My 75 has remnants of a rope caulk type gasket around the pump cover. Mine is stuck to the bulkhead rather than the pump cover.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
agree.gif body dumdum
bbrock
Aha! Yes. The residue had the consistency of dum-dum. I just finished installing my refreshed cover minutes before checking this thread. Looks pretty spiffy. Might add the dum-dum later.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.