Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swapping flywheels and end play
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I’m getting ready to swap flywheels and was pondering end play. Assuming the new flywheel has the same measurement from the thrust surface to the crank mating surface the end play should be the same. Right?
914 Ranch
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Dec 4 2018, 01:23 AM) *

I’m getting ready to swap flywheels and was pondering end play. Assuming the new flywheel has the same measurement from the thrust surface to the crank mating surface the end play should be the same. Right?

Not, everyone is different. Got to set the end play. I set it every time I have the case's apart.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Dec 4 2018, 03:49 AM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Dec 4 2018, 01:23 AM) *

Not, everyone is different. Got to set the end play. I set it every time I have the case's apart.

agree.gif

When I built my engine the end play was on the loose side of the range but with the available shims it was either that or too tight at something like .0025.

then when having the engine out again for a suspected RMS leak at 2K miles I discovered the end play had opened up some, and by switching shims got it too a much more respectable .0032

I would check it anytime the trans is off the cases.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.