Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removable windows with a cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
theer
About a year ago, we picked up Tony's (aka Cracker) first v8 hot rod (http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=187928). We have since added a full-on race cage, which means no driver window (including no vent glass), as the side bars bulge out into the door space.

It is still a street-legal car - it even passed Massachusetts inspection! - so, we're looking to add some kind of removable window for weather/wind protection to drive on the road.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
Chi-town
Get a Lexan unit and build a frame you can slide it in and out of and store it in the trunk when not in use?
Heater Guy
QUOTE(theer @ Dec 4 2018, 06:34 AM) *

About a year ago, we picked up Tony's (aka Cracker) first v8 hot rod (http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=187928). We have since added a full-on race cage, which means no driver window (including no vent glass), as the side bars bulge out into the door space.

It is still a street-legal car - it even passed Massachusetts inspection! - so, we're looking to add some kind of removable window for weather/wind protection to drive on the road.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

I had these made (Left & Right) when I raced in Germany (mostly in the rain). They were formed from channel metal.
The plastic slides up and down in them. They are not water tight but good enough for racing. I never used them here because we must race with both windows down.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
theer
That’s perfect!

Do you still have them - and/or the dimensions?

wndsrfr
Here's how I did it...simple to do as the entire regulator mechanism is stripped out...just toggle the lexan piece in with a home made lever...only use it when trailering, not driving.
Greg914-6GT
These were on a car I bought, very well done.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
saw this 914 for sale europe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.