Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New hardware source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
Anyone know where to find new rear trunk hinge bolts? I have seen the kits at Pelican and AA but my mounts appear to be fine. I just want to replace the worn and bent bolts.

Cheers,
JohnClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
John-

I have TWO of these for you, blasted newly yellow zinc plated.

$10/shipped

let me know,

Oscar
Morph914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 4 2018, 12:06 PM) *

John-

$10/shipped

let me know,

Oscar

Yes, please. Ill pay pal the $ now.

Thank you
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Dec 4 2018, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 4 2018, 12:06 PM) *

John-

$10/shipped

let me know,

Oscar

Yes, please. Ill pay pal the $ now.

Thank you

$10.00 PayPal rec'd...I'll get them out.

14.gif

Oscar
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we just ran a lot of 270 of them. Beautifully cad plated 9.50 each

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Dec 4 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Anyone know where to find new rear trunk hinge bolts? I have seen the kits at Pelican and AA but my mounts appear to be fine. I just want to replace the worn and bent bolts.

Cheers,

TravisNeff
Ooh! added to the little detail list..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these need to be kept well lubricated every time you service your 914 so that they will not seize to the trunk hinge and break the bracket. Replacing the bracket is NOT FUN!!!!!!!!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 4 2018, 10:11 AM) *

we just ran a lot of 270 of them. Beautifully cad plated 9.50 each

QUOTE(Morph914 @ Dec 4 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Cheers,

Nice ! smile.gif Are the front and rear bolts the same ?
914werke
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 19 2018, 03:30 PM) *
Nice ! smile.gif Are the front and rear bolts the same ?

They are, but the ones up front dont suffer the corrosion that the rears do due to the open side vents.
914werke
George its hard to tell from your pic but do those have the nylon insert like the OE ones?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 19 2018, 03:55 PM) *

George its hard to tell from your pic but do those have the nylon insert like the OE ones?

? What is a Julian insert ? sad.gif
914werke
blink.gif IDK confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no nylon insert at any time from the factory, metal to metal contact between the shoulder bolt and the trunk hinge just grease. The trunk roller we sell however is nylon

QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 19 2018, 04:55 PM) *

Olympic 914
In a previous thread someone mentioned a grease fitting mod on these bolts.

Because...

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 4 2018, 02:47 PM) *

these need to be kept well lubricated every time you service your 914 so that they will not seize to the trunk hinge and break the bracket. Replacing the bracket is NOT FUN!!!!!!!!

Any one else heard of this? …… Pictures..?

I understand how it could be done., Cut a groove on the lathe and drill it for a grease fitting.

Think its worth it?

I am in the middle of replacing these brackets now.
914werke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 19 2018, 05:24 PM) *
no nylon insert at any time from the factory, metal to metal contact between the shoulder bolt and the trunk hinge just grease.

Oh Contrair! I can show you pics of several that come straight off an unmolested car.
They did come with a nylon insert like the shift rod coupler cone screws.
IronHillRestorations
I've modified those shoulder bolts for a grease fitting.

Drill down the center for a zerk fitting, and cut a groove in the shoulder then a 1/32 cross hole in the groove.

I'm pretty sure jerhofer@914world.com has these on his car ( don't think I got the tag correct)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Please do not go out on a limb here, I always have an open ear, but being slid under my first 914 in 1974 and having observed thousands over the years, I really think that you are writing about the trunk hinge roller.
Plus if you look in the parts book there is no nylon part in this area except the roller. Maybe you have a picture of the nylon insert you mention?
I still learn things about 914s every day

QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 19 2018, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 19 2018, 05:24 PM) *

no nylon insert at any time from the factory, metal to metal contact between the shoulder bolt and the trunk hinge just grease.

Oh Contrair! I can show you pics of several that come straight off an unmolested car.
They did come with a nylon insert like the shift rod coupler cone screws.
IronHillRestorations
I have some NOS ones, I'll check them out and post
mb911
I have seen them as well. Supposed to act like loctite. It's not a seperate part.
Morph914
It's hard to see but the ones Oscar sent me have either a dab of thread lock or a tiny nylon plug.

And being the guy that Oscar is, I also received this from him at no charge.
You da man! aktion035.gif Click to view attachment kClick to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
My NOS pieces do, in fact have a nylon insert
914werke
sunglasses.gif
rgalla9146
Au contraire indeed.
On seatbelt bolts too
bdstone914
Dr914@autoatlanta.com.
George,

The factory shoulder bolts did have a nylon lock in the threads. It was about 2mm in diameter.
What hardness bolts did you make? Tha factory ones have no markings on the head. The side load they see i suspect they need to be at least 8.8 grade or higher.
Bruce
rgalla9146

price adjustment on register one please !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.