Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My latest project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi all,
I know this is not a 914 and much less a Porsche related project. Does it count as a barn/warehouse find if its been sitting for 20 years in my own warehouse?
My wife and I bought it in early 1981. I did a rolling/driving restoration on it then and we proceeded to put 90,000 miles on it. My wife learned to drive stick shift on this car, and she drove it to college.
In 1998 My wife had just gotten a 98' Mustang GT that she was enjoying and so I decided to park the jag because it had a number of issues that needed attention. My wife has been asking me to get the jag back on the road but there has always been another project that I was involved it. Well, I am just about done with the 914 project so I got started on the jag about a month ago. I am going out on a limb and say that I projected a 2 year process (I have never done a car in two years). However, a portion of the work is being farmed out so that should help "Knock on wood smash.gif ".
The car is numbers matching 1968 Series 1.5 Jaguar XKE FHC.
Original color "Pale Prim rose" with black interior. 90% of the paint is original paint and it would buff up nice, but it needs a little rust repair that will force me to repaint it. Most of the interior is original except for the carpets.
Hope this post does not violate any serious rules. Wish me luck.
Bill.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

mepstein
Pretty car. Good luck with the restoration.
Ferg
Cool Nice find. beerchug.gif
Melsguy
You won’t need the six on the floor for the Jag restro will ya ?
Beebo Kanelle
Excellent! Great, Great, Great car. Check the diaphragms in the Strombergs, the oil filter pressure relief spring, and the rubber bushings in the rear suspension. Bleed the brakes & clutch... and go have fun.
daytona
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the encouragement. I have been looking at it many years in the back of the warehouse thinking about restoring it. Now that I started on it I am really exited about driving it again. Unfortunately it will take more than just a brake and clutch bleed, and a carburetor tune up. This time I am doing a full restoration. We have owned this car for 37 years. Hopefully we can get to enjoy it for many more.
Bill.
KELTY360
I still remember the first one I saw. It was 1961 and it was parked at the medical offices a few doors down from where I lived in Fullerton, CA. It had the curved glass covers over the headlights and the sexiest body I'd ever seen.....on a car.

Great project......you're a lucky man.....good luck and keep posting your progress.
Tdskip
I still vividly remember my dad's friend pulling up at one of these when I was a young kid and it looked all the world to me like this dapper guy just arrived in a spaceship.

Congratulations and please do keep us posted.
Jamie
One of the great automotive beauties of all time as far as I'm concerned! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.