Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Desire to ditch the points and replace with a Pertronix ignition module. Car is a carb conversion with a mechanical advance 009 Bosch disti. New parts all around.

I think the part # is 1847A.

Anybody have success with this model and did I pick the correct one.
euro911
Yes, that's what I ran in my '75 and I have the same for my '71, although I recently purchased a 123 Distributor for the '71.

Just make sure to follow the installation instructions and you'll be fine. Some folks have had their units fail, more than likely due to leaving the ignition switch in the on position without the (engine running) for too long.

It's been said that carrying a spare set of points & condenser (or a whole distributor) in the trunk is a wise idea, just in case something does go awry.
76-914
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Dec 5 2018, 06:35 AM) *

Desire to ditch the points and replace with a Pertronix ignition module. Car is a carb conversion with a mechanical advance 009 Bosch disti. New parts all around.

I think the part # is 1847A.

Anybody have success with this model and did I pick the correct one.

IIRC, I have the P847V but you may be correct with that number because I think they came out with a newer model. Hopefully one that would allow you to leave the ignition switch on w/o frying it. Either way, you won't regret the upgrade and improved starting. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.