Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COA question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Cal
There's a gold 914 currently listed for sale on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-porsche-914-13/

Question...on the COA under optional equipment it lists 'US Specifications w/Sun Test Special Paint'. What exactly does that mean....is it referring to the metallic paint?

Tom_T
Jeff,

US Specification was usually for the 49 or 50 state emissions requirements, required sidemarkers F & R (adding F "Warts" - because R were integral to the taillights on all models Worldwide IIRC), & anything else US-DOT required for that MY. Some MY's also had the CA Spec. for the more stringent smog controls here.

As for the "... w/Sun Test Special Paint" part - IMHO the COA person either misread the Porsche Code or used the wrong MY &/or P-car model's option code - as they do all too often! dry.gif

Look at other COAs & Window Stickers at Jeff Bowlsby's website to see if you can find what the correct info should be instead of that "... w/Sun Test Special Paint" BS.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
davep
The gold would be a special option paint. It should not be linked with the US equipment.
I have never heard of "Sun Test" paint before, and I have been checking paint codes for 40 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.