Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is so awesome that has two shifter mechanism’s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I know, I know. I shouldn’t be bragging but stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

Try not to fall into a pit of despair, I’m sure your cars are quite nice too, but check this out.

Click to view attachment

So kidding aside-my goodness I hope you guys no I’m just kidding - This is obviously a tail shifter that’s been converted to a side shifter. Is it OK to leave the old mechanism in place or should I look to simplify that?

Thanks and happy Friday!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that was typical back then to avoid buying a different tail cover

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 7 2018, 03:41 PM) *

I know, I know. I shouldn’t be bragging but stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

Try not to fall into a pit of despair, I’m sure your cars are quite nice too, but check this out.

So kidding aside-my goodness I hope you guys no I’m just kidding - This is obviously a tail shifter that’s been converted to a side shifter. Is it OK to leave the old mechanism in place or should I look to simplify that?

Thanks and happy Friday!
majkos1
It.s Your 914 up to you.
I have a few tranny ends if you ready to do the work.

First for me to see that set up.
Tdskip
It is leaking so it needs attention anyway, I imagine it would be the time to remove it and tidy that up?

Just swap out the rear cover?

Thanks (it seems that you are all our managing your jealousy quite well - ha)
mepstein
We have 6 or 7 of those from a haul of 75 - 911 & 914 transmissions. One or 2 were 914-6 trans that were “converted”.
majkos1
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 7 2018, 06:18 PM) *

It is leaking so it needs attention anyway, I imagine it would be the time to remove it and tidy that up?

Just swap out the rear cover?

Thanks (it seems that you are all our managing your jealousy quite well - ha)

Jealous!? Hell no, it is do 914 thing to do at the time
I've convert a tail shift to side shift, under great guidance of Dr Evil..
if you do not have the correct tail end, don't matter aktion035.gif
Kool shades.gif
bretth
Looks like my car was. It is a 75 and has a side shift as is should but with the tail shift rear cover. On top of that someone tried to hack saw the tail linkage casting off but stopped halfway and just left it. I don't know how it didn't leak all over the place. confused24.gif stromberg.gif
tomeric914
There's a side shift tail cover for sale in the classifieds for $25... just sayin' bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.