Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD..Friends 914 6 engine fire car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
iamchappy
I hate posting this thread because back in the mid 80's I convinced my best friend to buy this car. It has no rust issues car has seen little use since bought but had all the upgrades to suspension and had engine rebuilt by Rick Moe one of the best here in town to a 2.1, Car is original, interior is a little tired and now body will need paint.

Car suffered an engine fire last summer, my friend called and told me he smelled gas and thought the carbs maybe leaking, I told him not to drive it until he checked it out. Well he took the car for a drive and engine caught on fire. It was extinguished pretty well with 2 hand helds until fire crew showed up.
He has decided not to restore it and I think he would be happy to get 40,000 for it but is open.to offers. If I could, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Car is orange
and is in Jackson Wyoming. Last summer after it happened he had hoped Eric Shea could restore it for him, but Eric is swamped with projects and wasn't able to take it on, now he has decided that he must part with it. Has the carbs and new rubber kit.
pete000
Neat car, shouldn't be too tough to bring back. Is it a salvage title now?
iamchappy
I can find out but I don't think so, he had it insured for 70,000 and don't think they totalled it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 8 2018, 08:42 AM) *

I can find out but I don't think so, he had it insured for 70,000 and don't think they totalled it.

PM.sent
liebe
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 8 2018, 04:19 AM) *

I hate posting this thread because back in the mid 80's I convinced my best friend to buy this car. It has no rust issues car has seen little use since bought but had all the upgrades to suspension and had engine rebuilt by Rick Moe one of the best here in town to a 2.1, Car is original, interior is a little tired and now body will need paint.

Car suffered an engine fire last summer, my friend called and told me he smelled gas and thought the carbs maybe leaking, I told him not to drive it until he checked it out. Well he took the car for a drive and engine caught on fire. It was extinguished pretty well with 2 hand helds until fire crew showed up.
He has decided not to restore it and I think he would be happy to get 40,000 for it but is open.to offers. If I could, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Car is orange
and is in Jackson Wyoming. Last summer after it happened he had hoped Eric Shea could restore it for him, but Eric is swamped with projects and wasn't able to take it on, now he has decided that he must part with it. Has the carbs and new rubber kit.

PM Sent
iamchappy
I've got some more information on the car for you.
Car has clean title.
Fire incident happened while he was working on the car. He was removing the carbs to rebuild them, engine was still hot from just driving it and it ignited.
Car is all matching number original car with a respray a few years ago car was a driver. No rust issues not even Hell hole.
billh1963
That's a helluva deal. If engine isn't stuck $40K may be too low....
liebe
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 9 2018, 06:30 PM) *

I've got some more information on the car for you.
Car has clean title.
Fire incident happened while he was working on the car. He was removing the carbs to rebuild them, engine was still hot from just driving it and it ignited.
Car is all matching number original car with a respray a few years ago car was a driver. No rust issues not even Hell hole.

Hello, very much interested, sent you PM.
iamchappy
Inquires on car send to Charlie,

daddydoright@wyoming.com

pete000
I smell a bidding war !
BENBRO02
Please add this car to the 914 world registry.
iamchappy
SALE PENDING...
ValcoOscar
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

That was quick...

beerchug.gif

Oscar
pete000
Great Buy...Would have been interesting to see what BAT could have brought for it.
JeffBowlsby
See here who got ahold of it...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2239034
Mueller
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 26 2018, 09:12 PM) *

I hope they sit on that car for years and make 0 dollars off of it.
mtndawg
dry.gif
It’s someone’s currency. Bummer.
pete000
Hate flippers...bummer no one on here got it, seems like a nice car.
burton73
Flippers or not. They need to stay in Biz. I called and it does not come with the Carbs. It is in Los Angeles. If it was 40m or so with the carbs now $49,950 without the carbs. Figure it out. When I bought my 6 11 years ago $15,000 was a lot of money. Now that would be a steal

Bob B
gcrotvik
It’s also listed on eBay at $49,950.00.
mepstein
I’m sure seller knew what he had. The buyer/flipper probably gave the seller the best deal, timeframe, money, whatever. Once the buyer owned the car, it’s his to do what he wants with it.

Many times I prefer to sell a car in 20 minutes for cash to a flipper than talk to 20 wanna be tire kickers who think they are buyers. If I’m comfortable with my selling price, I could care less what the next buyer gets. If they get a lot more, I get an education on the market.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 27 2018, 06:29 PM) *

I’m sure seller knew what he had. The buyer/flipper probably gave the seller the best deal, timeframe, money, whatever. Once the buyer owned the car, it’s his to do what he wants with it.

Many times I prefer to sell a car in 20 minutes for cash to a flipper than talk to 20 wanna be tire kickers who think they are buyers. If I’m comfortable with my selling price, I could care less what the next buyer gets. If they get a lot more, I get an education on the market.

+1, where is "iwantasix" Lol! Flippers take risks sometimes and get burned too! There is room for this guy to make money on this and still a good deal at $45k.
liebe
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 28 2018, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 27 2018, 06:29 PM) *

+1, where is "iwantasix" Lol! Flippers take risks sometimes and get burned too! There is room for this guy to make money on this and still a good deal at $45k.

Plus, the owner or friend did post the car here first, and every one of us had a chance to buy it.
I personally could, and decided not too.

So yes many of us don't like the flippers, but he did take the risk, and like a good capitalist system, must make money, or maybe he won't.

Just my 2cents
Beach914
Vehicle is listed on the Beverly Hills Car Club website for $49,950. Thought it looked familiar....

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1970-po...14-6-c-9480.htm
sc-dude
Looks like it ended up here

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1970-po...14-6-c-9480.htm
914time
BHCC ad now says, "Sale Pending"...
liebe
QUOTE(914time @ Jan 4 2019, 11:04 PM) *

BHCC ad now says, "Sale Pending"...

is there any more sixes for sale besides the ones on ebay
lostreasure
i have a 1970 914-6 all matching numbers-signal orange- books,tools, receipts etc.. no rust ,perfect paint,no mods- reasonably priced at 69,500
liebe
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jan 11 2019, 03:12 AM) *

i have a 1970 914-6 all matching numbers-signal orange- books,tools, receipts etc.. no rust ,perfect paint,no mods- reasonably priced at 69,500

Sent PM
liebe

Sent PM
liebe

sent pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.