Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbeau Forza race seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
I have really been getting hte urge lately to deviate from the stock interior and install a roll cage and sport seats, since this car will ultimately be my joyrider. How well do the Carbeau Forze seats fit in the 914 and what are the trade-offs? Is there much of a change in head or legroom? Are there other seats available in the same price range (~$250 ea) that are better?

Thanks,
Bob
Andyrew
You definately sit very wierd with it in... Its like sitting in a bucket. Should be over 5"5 do drive with one....

Andrew
Jeroen
do yourself a favor and buy a f/g shell seat
they're more expensive, but well worth the money
Joe Ricard
If you have to drive for more than 100 miles to an event you will seriously wonder if you saved any money.
Needs to be narrower for mt 32" waste. Yup sitting in a bucket had 2 of them in my 1st teener. Red neck racer came with a Recaro SRD. Ya baby we can go for some driving now. pretty heavy but WAY comfortable. Super supportive while Autcrossing. $800.00 is steep but damn nice seat.
Allan
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 19 2005, 05:47 PM)
Needs to be narrower for mt 32" waste.

Prove it!!!
hmeeder
Here are some shots of the Corbeau Forza in my car. I personally prefer the "sitting in a bucket" feel. I'm 5'11" and the fit is good for me, though I have a friend quite a bit shorter that had trouble fitting. Even with the seat pad in (I take it out when I AX) he had trouble with the thigh bolster as it is pretty tall. If you are long of leg, then it isn't a problem. I have also done several long trips without discomfort. The Forza is a tube framed seat. Basically fabric nad cushions stretched over steel tubes and lateral springs. They are inexpensive and reasonably comfortable. You get what you pay for and the Forza is a good compromise without breaking the bank.bravo.gif

My next seat will be an aluminum shell style. Even less bolstering and padding but also a lot less flex when on the track. Less comfort but more "seat of the pants" feel on the track. driving.gif

PP Forza Thread
Series9
I love mine.
theol00
I have in my 911 race car - and they are pretty effective - I intend to swith it to my 914 when I use it on track days

Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 19 2005, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 19 2005, 05:47 PM)
Needs to be narrower for mt 32" waste.

Prove it!!!

You'll regret if I do. Pics????
153 lbs 5'9" Last Corbeau (not forza II) had so much room I could put 4" more of me along side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.