Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vertical Targa Seal Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
First, thanks to 914 Rubber for getting the Black Friday orders out so fast. I was not expecting parts for some time.

Is this what the vertical targa seal should look like with the window all the way up?

I want to verify before I cut the excess off the bottom.

Click to view attachment

Also, for any of you who have installed 914 Rubber's triangle window seal, do we have to cut our own slot (on the bottom) for the metal mount tab?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 8 2018, 06:43 PM) *

Also, for any of you who have installed 914 Rubber's triangle window seal, do we have to cut our own slot (on the bottom) for the metal mount tab?

If you have an early car with the bracket you either need to cut a slot or remove the bracket. Either will work, although I don't know which would be preferred, honestly. I think I may have done one way on passenger side and the other on driver.
rgalla9146
The upper pointy tip of the aluminum holder and the tip of the seal should
match.
Put the roof on and start adjustin'
Ideally the 45 degree ends of the two seals should be virtually touching.
Is your window fully up ?
Tinted glass.....mmmmmm.
Highland
Yes, my window is fully up. Do I need to adjust it to go higher?

Does anyone have a picture of an ideal setup?

Oh, the car is a 73, so I think everything is late.
Chris914n6
Rubber tends to shrink with age, so I usually squish it in. Also might still be stretched from a tight fit during install. But it might have been cut long, some other 914rubber seals are cut to fit.
HansJan
QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 8 2018, 06:50 PM) *

Do I need to adjust it to go higher?

You can do that?
That would be great (I have about an 1" gap between side windows and targa top).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.