Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Rear Valance Trade? or ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lostreasure
This is a valance for a 914-6 (1970-71) It is stock and original- it was built for better cooling purposes i would trade it for a stock 914-6 valance Click to view attachment
Blue6
???
lostreasure
Blue6 what is the ?? for send me a PM? thanks
RARE 6
Not uncommon to see this sort of modification at early track events. Helped with engine temps. Many of us just pulled the rear valance to facilitate installing a straight exhaust for the day or weekend before tracks imposed noise limits.
RARE 6
PM sent.
toolguy
OE Six valances are one of the rarer Six specific parts to find. Some place between 'rare' and 'impossible' to locate . Last one I saw on EBay for a NOS in primer went for well over $1K [ I believe it was $1250]

In the real world of correct Six's, sometimes you have to bite the bullet if
you want authentic parts. You might have better luck converting a 914-4
long valance to a Six valance
RARE 6
Bent one into an "L" shape catching a front edge at a track event at Woody Creek near Aspen in the early '80s. Just tossed it into a pit trash can. Even back then it was interesting to find an OE replacement. The one I found is the only non-original panel on our -6.
Oh, to be young and foolish again (rather than old and foolish.)
porbmw
If you get to the point where you consider purchasing one, I have a good clean one....but I paid about $900, with shipping from France, to get it here, so that would be the price.... I decided to do a GT tribute, without valance, so it is a spare part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.