Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !5th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering - September 15th 2019
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dcheek
The 15th Annual All Air Cooled Gathering, Flanders, New Jersey.

September 13, 14, 15, 2019

FEATURED CAR WILL BE THE VW/PORSCHE 914
In celebration of it's 50th Anniversary and VW - Porsche heritage.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Dave
Porscheguy912
See you there.
North Coast Jim
We just may go !! Trailer the car there as my knees are to old to drive the 914 that far.
Big Len
YES !!!!!! Man, how did you get this done Dave????
rgolia
Yes, how did you pull this off. I am ready this year.
VaccaRabite
I almost went last time. This time its gotta happen. I wonder if its still the same weekend as the Roundtop Aircooled show and swap. I'd love to support both...
Zach
Porschef
For a show that has a ton of buses and beetles and a small handful of 914’s, this should be cool. beerchug.gif
TonyA
I am in. Went this year. I had a great time.
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 11 2018, 06:14 AM) *

YES !!!!!! Man, how did you get this done Dave????

It was next year or never.

15th Anniversary of the All Air Cooled Gathering
50th Anniversary of the 914.
The fact that the 914 is air cooled.
The VW and Porsche connection with the 914.
The unique opportunity to feature my favorite sports car.

Dave
Big Len
Well, great job....So I guess we'll get to see a rare glimpse of your Malaga beauty?
Dr Evil
I may go. I went to Amelia Island when 914 was the feature. smile.gif
Big Len
Let's make it a 2 day event. Dave, sent a PM.
iankarr
I’m in. Went in 2017 and met Big Len and some other great members. Some pics below. Hopefully our section will be larger smile.gifp

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
siverson
And its on 9/14.

-Steve
Olympic 914
So is it 9/13,14,15 Fri - Sat - Sun.

Or 9/14, 15, 16 Sat, Sun Mon.

confused24.gif
Big Len
Your first sentence, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
TonyA
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Dec 18 2018, 10:53 AM) *

confused24.gif

Usually Friday Sat Sunday. Since there are a lot of VW campers and buses, that is all that is there on the first two days. The real show is on Sunday. I camped out two years ago on a Saturday night and I got to tell you the partying at night was great. When you come in the staff will ask you if you want quiet camping or loud:) Weather permitting, I will bring my 914 and camp out again on Saturday night. I use a hammock so you will find me hanging between two trees somewhere. beerchug.gif
TonyA
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 18 2018, 10:57 AM) *

Your first sentence, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Len I won't leave early this year.

Guys If we camp out we should park right out on the field and set up tents right there if they let us. It gets pretty congested at the bus camp area.

I sure don't want that 911 guy to open his door into mine again GGGRRRR
dcheek
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Dec 18 2018, 07:53 AM) *

confused24.gif

Corrected

September 13,14, 15, 2019
Friday night the 13th camping
Saturday night the 14th camping and party with band in clubhouse.
Sunday the 15th car show, swap meet, dub push, valve cover racing and many more events to follow.

I will post full itinerary when details become available

Sorry for the mixup. I looked at the wrong calendar.

Dave
ValcoOscar
Well, heck

I'll be there...most probably same deal as my last 914 inspired east coast trip.
Take the wife to NY let her shop while I attend this event. We all win

beerchug.gif

Oscar

naro914
This is the same weekend as Okteenerfest...
JmuRiz
FYI: about 4.5 hours from DC

I'd love to come, but the car won't be ready by then, that's for sure biggrin.gif
dcheek
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 20 2018, 07:07 AM) *

There isn't a weekend during the car show season that doesn't conflict with something somewhere. Our first AACG was in July - too hot. We picked September because the weather is so much nicer, and we locked in the venue as long as we are willing to put on this show. If you don't already know we get 300+ cars plus 60 vendors. Consequently, securing a suitable site is not easy (or cheap). We have a great deal with the German Swim and Sports Club and wouldn't want to change anything, including the date. Our intension is not to take away from Octeenerfest but perhaps those in the northeast that wouldn't have traveled that far south anyway might make it to the AACG.

Dave
dcheek
We are continuing to firm up plans for the 2019 All Air Cooled Gathering. I've added information to the first post in this thread and you can get more information on the web site:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com

Dave
dcheek
T Shirt Artwork looks awesome!

Click to view attachment

All artwork and design by Jeffrey Hicken.
dcheek
I'm happy to announce that we have commissioned automobile artist Jim Foster to create a unique piece or art for the 2019 All Air Cooled Gathering, honoring the 50th Anniversary of the VW Porsche 914. Jim is a long time PCA member with a a beautiful 914-6 which has seen countless hours of track time.

All 914 show participants will receive a signed and numbered print with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners receiving print numbers 1, 2 and 3 respectively framed and ready to hang.

You can view some of Jim's artwork on his website:

http://jfosterart.com

Dave

StarBear
Missed last year - went the year before (but left early before the rain). Only 20 minutes away!
StarBear
WONDERFUL! Haven't seen Jim in 20 (?) years. This'll be great.
StarBear
SHOULD have mine up and running by then (hopefully next month). See you there! (Steve)
Big Len
Linda and I always look forward to this, now even more so. Great job, Dave.
Tom_T
Dave,

This looks like fun!

PS - Kudos on getting yours on the poster too! Oooops - not your 75, but an earlier 70-74 chrome bumper. Bitchen poster anyway!!

It would be great if they'd also do something at the next year's one 2020 to help celebrate the 914's 50th too.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914forme
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 20 2018, 10:07 AM) *

headbang.gif

Which means it is the same weekend as a lot of other shows as well.

Okteenerfest for me, if I get the car done.
dcheek
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 8 2019, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 20 2018, 10:07 AM) *

headbang.gif

Which means it is the same weekend as a lot of other shows as well.

Okteenerfest for me, if I get the car done.

I'm fully aware that our event falls on the same date as Octeenerfest. We've held our event at the German Swim and Sports Club since day one. The first All Air Cooled Gathering was in July. Too hot! Starting the second year we moved it to the second week of September, and have done so ever since. Our intention is not to take away any Ockteenerfest attendees rather, provide an alternative in the Northeast for those that would otherwise not want to drive to Octeenerfest. And, most important, recognize the VW/Porsche connection by honoring the 914 on its 50 Anniversary.

Dave
dcheek
Bump
Atech
we'll be there driving.gifClick to view attachment
Big Len
Dave, will you try to get a group rate at Extended Stay America?
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 11 2019, 01:04 PM) *

Dave, will you try to get a group rate at Extended Stay America?

While we haven't confirmed yet, we always reserve a block of rooms with a special rate. I will post when we get a definite commitment from the hotel.

Dave
Big Len
Almost 2 months to go.
I am in the process of arranging and mapping a rally to be held sometime in the mid to late afternoon on Saturday. It won't be a gimmicky thing, just a 40 mile or so cruise through back roads, making stopping once or twice for scenic pics. All A/C's would be invited. Anyone interested?
Porschef
Sounds good Len

beerchug.gif
rgolia
I unfortunately have a wedding to attend that weekend so unless I want divorce papers I will not be there huh.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jul 11 2019, 07:36 AM) *

I unfortunately have a wedding to attend that weekend so unless I want divorce papers I will not be there huh.gif

Screw it Ralph, what's more important?. You're a good looking guy. You'll find another one. rolleyes.gif
dcheek
Update.

The artwork for the limited edition poster/award has been completed and will be printed shortly. They will be signed and numbered by the artist Jim Foster. jfosterart.com

First, Second and Third place will receive number 1,2 and 3 respectively and will be framed. All 914 attendees will receive an unframed poster for showing up.

Hoping all those not attending other 914 events that weekend will come to our show honoring the 914 on its 50 anniversary.

Dave
dcheek
I've had several requests for information regarding hotel accommodations. The closest hotel is Extended Stay America in Budd Lake, NJ. Tel. 973-347-5522. We have attempted to hold a block of rooms but, they require a minimum. Since our event features camping, most attendees opt out of a hotel stay. As a result we can't guarantee a minimum quantity to book rooms. If you need hotel accommodations, I suggest you book your room now, or run the risk of not getting a room.

Dave
dcheek
We are just 1 month away from one of the biggest Air Cooled only events on the east coast. This year we are honoring the VW/Porsche 914 on its 50th Anniversary with a limited addition signed and numbered piece of artwork/poster given to all 914 show attendees.

Dave
Big Len
10 more days.
dcheek
For those that don't know we do not require preregistration for the All Air Cooled Gathering. So, if you missed out other 914 events come on out on Sunday with your 914 and get a limited edition signed and number printed poster made especially to honor the VW/Porsche 914 on it's 50th birthday.

Dave
Big Len
Dave, Has the group ever commissioned Foster to do a poster before?
How did that come about?
Will that continue for future celebrated cars?
dcheek
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 6 2019, 06:08 AM) *

Dave, Has the group ever commissioned Foster to do a poster before?
How did that come about?
Will that continue for future celebrated cars?

Jim has done a couple of posters for the Porsche Club. I've known him for 40 years and asked if he would be interested in the project. Since he owns a race ready 914-6 (a real one) I knew he would be up to the task.

As far as future pieces of art, that's really up to the president and membership of the Central Jersey Volkswagen Society. We try to come up with something special and different every year.

Dave
Big Len
Got Advance Auto Parts to donate a nice package for the raffle.
TonyA
[quote name='dcheek' date='Sep 5 2019, 06:04 PM' post='2744364']
For those that don't know we do not require preregistration for the All Air Cooled Gathering. So, if you missed out other 914 events come on out on Sunday with your 914 and get a limited edition signed and number printed poster made especially to honor the VW/Porsche 914 on it's 50th birthday.

Dave
Very cool a limited edition poster for my limited edition car!
Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.