Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price check on 914-4 2.0, 157 hp Race Engine.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Gunther
Price check on 914-4 2.0, 157 hp Race Engine.

I have a race motor that I need to sell, but I have no idea what it's worth.
Someone did a nice job putting this engine together for vintage racing, with all the little extras. I have some bills and records from the engine build. The previous owner spent $17,200 on it in 2011.

Before we pulled the motor for inspection, the oil was checked and changed along with the filter. So far so good. I pulled one of the heads off, I was told it has large valves and noticed the 3 tiered high compression pistons like the ones that Jake Raby uses. Cylinder walls looked great. I had a quick chat with Jake about the pistons and motor. I know that Jake gets over 25k for some of his motors, but this is not one of them. After a closer look at some of the records that came with the car, it was used in three events. I do not know what the mileage is on it. Out of all 10 914s that I have owned, this is the fastest 4 cylinder 914 I've ever driven.

Some Specs.
914-4 2.0, 157 hp Race Engine. Built in 2011 for Vintage Racing. Uses 110 octane gas. Engine Dynoed 157 hp, 6500 red line, Webb Cam T-4 H .286 dur. x .488 lift. HD duel springs. JE Pistons & Rings 11:1 comp. Headers and muffler. Ported and polished heads. MSD ignition box. Pertronix igniter. MSD Blaster coil. Twin Weber 44 idf.

Picture to come.

Thanks for your input.

Gunther.

jhynesrockmtn
I may be interested, sent you a PM
yeahmag
What is a 3 tiered piston?
Jazzy
My engine has 3 tired pistons, not sure if that's the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.