Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E- Brake spring behind seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The eBrake lever hasn’t been operating smoothly when releasing. At the firewall where the cables attach to the mechanism there is a short spring. It was not attached at the rear end; where does the spring attach ?
rgalla9146
There should be a metal tab with a hole in it attached to the bulkhead between
the cables.
I recall it as horizontal but your spring which is correct says vertical.
Anyone ?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 16 2018, 04:30 PM) *

There should be a metal tab with a hole in it attached to the bulkhead between
the cables.
I recall it as horizontal but your spring which is correct says vertical.
Anyone ?

Got it. The upholstery shop was working in that area. They disconnected the spring and put a screw into that hole. The decree was holding the cover plate at the fire wall end.

One other question, should there be a bolt securing the eBrake lever to the chassis. Right now it looks like it's riding on a busing and feels kinda wobbly.
Didn't pull the seat yet, but can tomorrow...
bbrock
The tab with the hole is for mounting the cover plate. If you peek under the tab, you should see a hole between the cable tubes which is where the spring goes.

Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 16 2018, 05:58 PM) *

One other question, should there be a bolt securing the eBrake lever to the chassis. Right now it looks like it's riding on a busing and feels kinda wobbly.
Didn't pull the seat yet, but can tomorrow...

There is no bolt for the lever itself, but there should be an M8x20 bolt attaching the ratchet to the lever bracket just below and rearward of the pivot post. The plastic bushing that goes inside the pivot hole on the lever. I wonder if yours is worn. Part# is 91442424700
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 16 2018, 05:04 PM) *

The tab with the hole is for mounting the cover plate. If you peek under the tab, you should see a hole between the cable tubes which is where the spring goes.

Click to view attachment

Thanks ! I could't see it with the sea in the car. Good pic smile.gif
When I get the seat out, I'll look for the eBrake handle bolt too. Not sure what it looks like; is it one of those boots with a shoulder ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.