Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Funny Elise Story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Got a new stereo setup for Father's Day...

Alpine 9830 Head Unit (on sale at Crutchfield)
Polk Momo 650s for the rear
Alpine 4"s for the front.

Install took a good 3-4 hours... especially since I hadn't installed a car stereo in about 17 years.

Anyways... all goes well... had the top off and took it for a spin on the interstate... blaring some MP3 tunes I burned to CD... mueba.gif

Get halfway through the cruise... drip... drip... what's that on the windshield? Must be spray from somebody's windshield washers....

drip... drip...

DELUGE!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Drive Faster... Faster.... Look for overpass.... Aaaahhhhh... so much water.... aaahhhhh.... gotta drive fast enough to keep the rain out.... ahhhhhhh....

What's that in the distance... Yeah! An exit that goes back under the freeway.... Vrooomm... screech.....

Pull off and put the top on...

Sh!t... everything's wet...

Oh well.... drive back with the heat on....
Howard
Had a friend who put floor drains in his speedster. Just easier that way biggrin.gif
redshift
LOL Howard... yeah, I can see Karl with a cordless... cutting 3/8 holes all in his tub...

HIS TUB! LMAO!

Ok, I sit now..

M
Howard
I'm so 'effin old I remember new super speedsters @$2,995. Rubber floormats, vinyl seats, no side windows and a top that didn't fit worth a shit. Floor drains were good!
Joe Bob
I gots drains in Frankenstealth... blink.gif
markb
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 19 2005, 08:17 PM)
I gots drains in Frankenstealth... blink.gif

You gots no top for Frankie, either. laugh.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 20 2005, 04:47 AM)
Floor drains were good!

we had floor drains on our little Suzuki Samurai jeep (do you have those in the US?)

if we drove in the rain, with the top off, we needed windscreen wipers on the INSIDE of the windshield laugh.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 20 2005, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 20 2005, 04:47 AM)
Floor drains were good!

we had floor drains on our little Suzuki Samurai jeep (do you have those in the US?)

if we drove in the rain, with the top off, we needed windscreen wipers on the INSIDE of the windshield laugh.gif

Samurais used to be available some years ago, until they got a bad rap for flipping over. They quietly left the market. I think they morphed into the Tracker, but I'm not sure. A friend of mine had bought one for his daughter's first car. He sold it shortly after the stories started floating around. ohmy.gif
djm914-6
Ha, I saw a Samari just a few weeks ago. It had at least a 7" lift and huge mudder tyres. I thought it was cool... in a funny sorta way.

BOT, Can the Elise Stay dry like a 914? I was caught in two rain showers on the way to visit a friend in Maine. As long as I kept moving, all that got wet was my left shirt sleve. People were looking at me funny as the puttered down the freeway with their wipers on high. I was just sittin there with RainX
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.