Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Rkidzu
Let me start this out with I’m not a Porsche guy I recently bought a 1976 2.0 that was highly optioned I was told. Looks to be unmolested and overall in decent condition all I have done is apply power all electric works engine is seized came with extra 1.8 motor that ran I was going to do a V8 swap but this seem to be a car that should be kept original I have no idea of current value if you’re interested contact me for pictures or more information vin is 4762901527
Lobaeux4
Pics?
Location?
Price?
Rkidzu
Car is located in Near Boise Idaho with current prices seems like around 8k is reasonable but I would be open to any offersClick to view attachment
rick 918-S
Pictures sell cars. I would suggest adding photos of the interior, engine, under the car, trunks (front & Rear) most importantly the battery tray and the area we refer to as the hell hole. That is the pocket just ahead of the battery tray. Battery acid washes down there and rots the top of the chassis rail and gets inside to destroy the integrity of the rail.

From the one photo it appears the right door has a side swipe. Could just be the angle of the camera. That is why we need more photos. Hard for a guy to purchase a car in the range you are placing the value at with one photo.
Mblizzard
Only offering comment because you were unsure of price.

A 1976 non running but unseized 2.0 without rust or major hell hole damage could bring that price if you found the right person. But as the 1976 is not in the greatest demand or considered to be the most desirable year I would think it might be difficult to find the right person to pay that price.

Having the 1.8 is a nice addition but the point of having a 2.0, is having a running 2.0 engine.

As suggested, the single picture nay not be doing the car justice and more pictures could certainly tell the story better. But be prepared to understand why in the eyes of others, the car may not be worth as much as you think it is. The more information you can post on the car will answer those concerns and allow people to see the car as you see it.
Rkidzu
I have sent more detailed pics to a few people and seems like value is 4-5k so I think I will just put the 1.8 in it or continue with swap plan. Thanks everyone for your input I look forward to getting more educated on these cars.
worn
QUOTE(Rkidzu @ Dec 18 2018, 01:04 PM) *

I have sent more detailed pics to a few people and seems like value is 4-5k so I think I will just put the 1.8 in it or continue with swap plan. Thanks everyone for your input I look forward to getting more educated on these cars.

Good luck with the car. This is a great place to find answers.
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.