Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is a throttle control actuator?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keizeikeitara
So I was cleaning out therear trunk of the 914 and i found this red lever assembly and didnt have any idea what i twas.

now looking thru my tear down book, I see that it is called a Throttle control actuator, and I need to find out how to re attach it, but more importantly, What the heck it even does!!!

I would appreciate any tips and help.
mgphoto
QUOTE(keizeikeitara @ Dec 17 2018, 07:09 AM) *

So I was cleaning out therear trunk of the 914 and i found this red lever assembly and didnt have any idea what i twas.

now looking thru my tear down book, I see that it is called a Throttle control actuator, and I need to find out how to re attach it, but more importantly, What the heck it even does!!!

I would appreciate any tips and help.

For a six, adjust revs during warmups.
Or heater on off lever for both /4 and /6...
bbrock
Does it look like this?

IPB Image

If so, that's the heater control lever. Throttle control usually has a black knob and as already mentioned, only on a -6 unless a PO added it.
keizeikeitara
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 17 2018, 09:39 AM) *

Does it look like this?

IPB Image

If so, that's the heater control lever. Throttle control usually has a black knob and as already mentioned, only on a -6 unless a PO added it.

Yes it does!!!
That's good to know then, one less thing to worry about then hahha.
I'm kinda releived that it isn't a throttle control lever. I guess the Haynes manual refers to the 914-6. I'd have to find where I put it to make sure, but that is quite a relief
rhodyguy
The lever controls the wire for the warm air/heat valves on the warm air elbows that are located on the heat exchangers. Consult your Haynes for pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.