Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipers don’t always park
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I’m having problems with my wipers. When I turn them off more often than not, they don’t return all the way to park. Then again sometimes it does. If I flick the stalk just a little bit, it parks correctly. Just a bit frustrating.

Random photo for those who don’t like to read thread, but look at pictures.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Sticking motor or wiper rack. Pull the arms off and see how it works with out them.
Valy
The location sensor is in the electric motor. You will have to remove and examine it. Sometimes it's just dirty but it may be worn out.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Valy @ Dec 19 2018, 01:20 AM) *

The location sensor is in the electric motor. You will have to remove and examine it. Sometimes it's just dirty but it may be worn out.

Pictures of the mechanism here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=304921&hl=

Agree with trying to remove the arms and lube the shafts externally first.

Otherwise you are pulling the dreaded airbox to get to the wiper assembly.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
seems to me that if you are flicking the switch, the electricity is being lost to the park circuit, via the switch

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 18 2018, 08:21 AM) *

I’m having problems with my wipers. When I turn them off more often than not, they don’t return all the way to park. Then again sometimes it does. If I flick the stalk just a little bit, it parks correctly. Just a bit frustrating.

Random photo for those who don’t like to read thread, but look at pictures.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.