Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevend914
On my 1970, the headlights popup when turning on the parking lights. Is it possible to rewire the switch so that the headlights will only popup when I turn on the headlights? I'd like to be able to drive with the parking lights only on and not have the headlights popup. driving.gif
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Dec 19 2018, 05:27 PM) *

On my 1970, the headlights popup when turning on the parking lights. Is it possible to rewire the switch so that the headlights will only popup when I turn on the headlights? I'd like to be able to drive with the parking lights only on and not have the headlights popup. driving.gif

Moving the Motor to the headlight "on" terminal would accomplish this, the fusing may not like both of these loads on the headlamp fuse. I would also check the gauge of the supply side. Last, the switch rating may also be pushed beyond it's limit. sizzle.....

A kludge might be to put a disconnect toggle on the motor actuator circuit. Lamps down until you throw the toggle.

If I get to it I will look at the flow-down schematic and provide pointers this weekend....though there is a rumor that I need to go shopping.........hhhmmm
rudedude
very easy to do involves moving one wire on the headlight switch. If I wasn't so old I could tell you which one. Somewhere I have it written down if no one else comes up with it sooner I can find it for you.
toolguy
on the headlight switch move a gray wire from term #K to Term # 56
stevend914
QUOTE(toolguy @ Dec 19 2018, 06:24 PM) *

on the headlight switch move a gray wire from term #K to Term # 56

OK, thanks for the reply piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.