Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which one is the world's ugliest 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
here are two 914s that someone spent thousands of hours of labor and plenty of money to , in my opinion, ruin. What do you think?Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

please can someone straighten the yellow pictures ?
JawjaPorsche
Someone posted this recently of a 914. Before you say that is not a 914, it has a 914 Vin! My nomination!
JeffBowlsby
I vote for this one:
Ferg
I vote with Jeff laugh.gif
Jonathan Livesay
It's really hard to pick a winner here. They're all losers!
burton73
Jeff’s car pick is the one.

It has all the wrong stuff and way too much of it. If I saw that on the street I would puke
of end up in the hospital laughing.

Bob B
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif barf.gif barf.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 21 2018, 05:01 AM) *

I vote with Jeff laugh.gif

agree.gif hands down the worst barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
DickSteinkamp
IPB Image

IPB Image

The first two appear to be high quality work. If at a car show, I'd be looking at them in more detail. I'd certainly do some things differently, but that is true of any custom or modified car.
gereed75
I vote for Jeff’s. So hideous that it actually made me laugh.

I agree with George that it is always amazing to me that these cars take serious money and time and conscious effort to build. Is there no point in the process where the light comes on and people go “WTF am I doing?!?!”

No accounting for taste
1970-1914
Definitely the green one.... Looks like the guy was trying to make the car Homer Simpson designed...

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Mo

Creamsicle New Zealand
Could be a enough here for a calendar next year barf.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these pictures are making me sort of sick, here is another ugly shot of the yellow carClick to view attachment
tmessenger
Well Jeff's car has a blower, six extra exhaust pipes, the oh so groovy interior treatment, the rear brake venting, the extra special go-cart steering wheel, the great panel fit, the hand hammered shift knob, the race-proven wing, the extra wide extra good seat belts and the Lord Pompidou dancing horse crests.

The green monster not to be outdone has the paper thin gullwing doors, fantastic front cabin ventilation air intake system, the tower of power engine cover (extra points for the "fear this" decal) the chevy power emblem, the equally exceptional panel fit, the JC Whitney Mercedes grill kit and the Triumph TR3 hood hinges.

I'm going to award a full 10 points to Jeff's car for excellence in automotive redesign and only 9.5 points to the green monster. Maybe if the green monster driver wears the Ronald McDonald driving shoes and gloves I can find another .5 for yet another perfect score.
IronHillRestorations
Yea, +1 on the yellow one Jeff posted. The interior is only missing a pimp from 1974, and the shift knob looks like a wad of aluminum foil. Add a fake blower and all the extras and it's hard to miss the ugly that's been smacked on that one.
Breaker
How can I unsee these? I'm going to go bleach my eyes..

Why? Just... why?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

since we are adding to the list:
IronHillRestorations
The first car wouldn't be so atrocious if it didn't have the Chrysler front clip, ewwww.

Too bad on the 9014 abomination, (baseball announcer voice) "swing and a miss". The silver one is really quite bad, unless you really need 4 headlights. The the big air catcher on the trunk was a no bueno too. I love 904's so it kinda hurts.
Tom_T
Maybe we need a FCOM contest too for the Fugliest 914s!? confused24.gif laugh.gif

santa_smiley.gif beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the ones that never were (thankfully)

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Dec 20 2018, 12:47 PM) *

The first car wouldn't be so atrocious if it didn't have the Chrysler front clip, ewwww.

Too bad on the 9014 abomination, (baseball announcer voice) "swing and a miss". The silver one is really quite bad, unless you really need 4 headlights. The the big air catcher on the trunk was a no bueno too. I love 904's so it kinda hurts.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Larmo63
How stupid to try and make a 914 into a 904.

Wait.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 20 2018, 01:34 PM) *

Mo
IPB Image

I'd take this one smile.gif
dcheek
Correct me if I'm wrong but, the yellow car was built and originally owned be Dick Fell, a long time member of the Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club. I know he put a ton of money into this car and it was done right. Not my cup of tea but, a quality build. He sold it for a fraction of what he has in it in both time and money.

Buy the way he was a very intense Porsche racer, with a serious race prepared 911. He has sold most of his stuff due to advancing age. Super nice guy too!

Dave
Unobtanium-inc
Yeah, but how many center seaters have you seen? The best part, the guy moved the steering but left the shifter in the middle, so if you were racing it you would look like you were jerking off the whole race!
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 20 2018, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Dec 20 2018, 01:34 PM) *

Mo
IPB Image

I'd take this one smile.gif

This one would actually be nice if it did not have all the scoops to the engine.
Tdskip
Hard to top, er, be worse than the Benz thing.
Justinp71
QUOTE(1970-1914 @ Dec 20 2018, 10:23 AM) *

Definitely the green one.... Looks like the guy was trying to make the car Homer Simpson designed...

Click to view attachment

agree.gif

I agree, if you look at all the photos of it, its hideous... barf.gif
Unobtanium-inc
This one is interesting....
Mark Henry
IIRC that's a photoshop from a 914world thead on things like the AASE 914 pick-up.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 21 2018, 10:00 AM) *

IIRC that's a photoshop from a 914world thead on things like the AASE 914 pick-up.

Yea, Rick wanted to build.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
what a horrible looking bunch of 914s!
GeorgeRud
Not that it was ugly(in factlooked great), but does anyone remember Ron Mistak’s 914-6 with a GT1 type scoop over the roof? I remember seeing it many years ago.
brant
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 21 2018, 12:47 PM) *

Not that it was ugly(in factlooked great), but does anyone remember Ron Mistak’s 914-6 with a GT1 type scoop over the roof? I remember seeing it many years ago.

remember it.. and had the pleasure of watching him race it at the very first ever PCA club race
Rand
Remember the "Scari" 914s?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 20 2018, 07:34 AM) *

here are two 914s that someone spent thousands of hours of labor and plenty of money to , in my opinion, ruin. What do you think?Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

please can someone straighten the yellow pictures ?

I think the back end of the red one really does it justice!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Dec 21 2018, 11:47 AM) *

I remember Ferg talking with him; he said he changed the body a bit... Then showed up with this:

IPB Image

--DD
jmitro
man you guys are harsh LOL. most are not my style, but some appear to be very well done.
I have a feeling the people building these cars don't really care what anyone on this forum thinks about them
mepstein
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2018, 10:06 PM) *

I remember Ferg talking with him; he said he changed the body a bit... Then showed up with this:

IPB Image

--DD

If I remember correctly. that was a very cool car.
76-914
Alrighty Jeff. Pimping! av-943.gif Where is Kat Williams in this pic?

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2018, 08:06 PM) *

IPB Image

--DD

before mistake ..
sixnotfour
beer3.gif
tazz9924
I was waiting to see a post of my car but I’ll live to see another day!
Dave_Darling
Post pics, then!! biggrin.gif

--DD
tazz9924
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 22 2018, 07:30 PM) *

Post pics, then!! biggrin.gif

--DD

I have literally no idea how the guy who took this picture made it look so bad he messed with the settings in post to annoy me for ever. My body work sucks but it truly isn’t that bad i think it took so shadows from nearby trees and ran with it.
Click to view attachment
Now it looks a lot better to me at least, not everyone’s style but it is my own and it makes me happy so I don’t really care!Click to view attachment
914bub
QUOTE(dcheek @ Dec 20 2018, 02:24 PM) *

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the yellow car was built and originally owned be Dick Fell, a long time member of the Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club. I know he put a ton of money into this car and it was done right. Not my cup of tea but, a quality build. He sold it for a fraction of what he has in it in both time and money.

Buy the way he was a very intense Porsche racer, with a serious race prepared 911. He has sold most of his stuff due to advancing age. Super nice guy too!

Dave

Man what an unfortunate name. Think I'd go by "Richard"
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914bub @ Dec 23 2018, 02:35 PM) *

Dave

Not as bad as Mike Hunt....Richard Less...Ivan Paul Freely biggrin.gif

I went to school with a Willy Outhouse and a friends dad's first name was Beverly.
Rand
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Dec 23 2018, 11:04 AM) *

I have literally no idea how the guy who took this picture made it look so bad he messed with the settings in post to annoy me for ever. My body work sucks but it truly isn’t that bad i think it took so shadows from nearby trees and ran with it.

Your car doesn't fit in this thread. It looks good. The wing though...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 23 2018, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(914bub @ Dec 23 2018, 02:35 PM) *

Dave

Not as bad as Mike Hunt....Richard Less...Ivan Paul Freely biggrin.gif

I went to school with a Willy Outhouse and a friends dad's first name was Beverly.

British Touring Car has a driver named Jack Goff. He finished 4th in the driver's championship this year. They also have a Steven Jelly.

It's fun watching and yelling "Go Jack Goff!" or "Jelly's in a Jam!"

tazz9924
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 23 2018, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Dec 23 2018, 11:04 AM) *

Your car doesn't fit in this thread. It looks good. The wing though...

The before is the bad one, but thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.