Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Mattr Progress Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
I had a blue/orange 914 sitting in my driveway for almost a year. Ive done engine, brakes, and everything except for paint until now.

Yep, thats right. I got my 914 back from paint yesterday. MUCHO thanks to Alberto (lagunero) for his help getting it to my place, and thanks to Clayton (twystd1) for help finding the paint place. Well, here are some pics. I'll keep ya'll updated. I was busy today just doing little stuff, but its comin' together.

My goal: I have summer school starting on the 27th. Now, I wont hold my breath, but what do you think of getting the 914 running by then? I better get to work smash.gif

user posted image

user posted image
MattR
I'll get more pics tomorrow with my progress. I didnt get much today because I was low on battery, but you can consider this an official progress thread smile.gif
redshift
HAY YAH!!

Good deal Matt!

M
Aaron Cox
smilie_pokal.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Mrs. K
Good job Matt! Ya had me scared there for a minute! ohmy.gif

It's really purdy wub.gif

Lisa clap.gif
TravisNeff
Beautimous! smilie_pokal.gif
Dr Evil
Gonna be ready for a baja run wacko.gif
GWN7
Sweet beerchug.gif
Brando
Nice ride, Matt!
McMark
There's only one thing to say: drooley.gif

And it's got phone dials! wub.gif
Jeroen
Excellent color choice!!!
banksyinoz
very nice my friend many hours of work? if so then it was worth it and i love the colour pray.gif
skline
Is that a 55 Belair I see behind it? The car look great Matt. You have seen me put cars together pretty fast, I am sure you will have it on the road in no time.
xsboost90
awsome! love the color and the phones!
spunone
Looks good Matt who did the paint?? beer.gif
djm914-6
Matt, Is that Lexan? Didya paint on the inside? biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Looks cool, nice color.
MattR
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 20 2005, 02:42 AM)
Is that a 55 Belair I see behind it? The car look great Matt. You have seen me put cars together pretty fast, I am sure you will have it on the road in no time.

Its a 56 bel air. My mom has had a 56 chevy since she's been 16. This is her second (the first was stripped and burned about 20 years ago and she got this one right after).

Thanks for the words! Its getting a 2056 I just built up with 40 idfs and a big cam.

Spunone, Mike in Orange painted it at his shop. If you're interested, he does good work for a fair price. PM me if you want his info. He knows about the 914 club and gives discounts smile.gif
MattR
Day 2. Today I got a bunch more stuff done. The engine was going in, but the engine mounts broke on me... I guess I shoulda bought new ones dry.gif
Anyway, they're on their way and I should have them tomorrow. Then its smooth sailing... right? wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
MattR
Update: I got my motor and trans mounts today. They are installed, but Im waiting for a second pair of hands to help me with the final push into the car (my pops). I'll get some more pics tonight of the engine in car hopefully.
MattR
More progress pics, if anyone's watching. The engine went in and its almost ready to get fired up. Im going to get the rest ready tomorrow and hopefully saturday after the HSR race, i'll be ready to break it in smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
skline
Way to go Mattie Matt, can hardly wait to see it. Finally you will get to bring something to a run besides your 912. Not that there is anything wrong with that. biggrin.gif
redshift
Matt asked me to post..

Way to go Matt..

M
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 23 2005, 06:40 PM)
Finally you will get to bring something to a run besides your 912. Not that there is anything wrong with that.  :D

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Looks great Matt! But I would have thought you'd have painted it "Dodger Blue" lol3.gif

Lisa boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.