Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail trim clip holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Ok, so the PO removed and filled the holes for the chrome piece clips. I know that the one to the rear gets a nut but what do the other 2 get to secure it?
I have all the seam sealer off and want to fix it now if I need to add something.

Thanks all! And I hope everyone here on 914WORLD has a great holiday season and a healthy, happy, and 914 new year!! All the best to all of you!
IronHillRestorations
There's a special V shaped clip that goes in the lower sail trim and springs into the holes
BPic
So no nuts welded in place etc. the clip itself holds the hole?
rhodyguy
Correct.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if you look side ways at the sail just before it flares out onto the quarter panel you may be able to see where the four holes used to be. Good man for reinstalling the vinyl. Here is a reference picture for the v clips with the part number:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=810-00

QUOTE(BPic @ Dec 21 2018, 12:28 PM) *

Ok, so the PO removed and filled the holes for the chrome piece clips. I know that the one to the rear gets a nut but what do the other 2 get to secure it?
I have all the seam sealer off and want to fix it now if I need to add something.

Thanks all! And I hope everyone here on 914WORLD has a great holiday season and a healthy, happy, and 914 new year!! All the best to all of you!
BPic
Thanks George. Makes sense now.

BTW do you carry the channel that the frunk rubber seal sits in?

Thanks again...

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 21 2018, 04:39 PM) *

if you look side ways at the sail just before it flares out onto the quarter panel you may be able to see where the four holes used to be. Good man for reinstalling the vinyl. Here is a reference picture for the v clips with the part number:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=810-00

QUOTE(BPic @ Dec 21 2018, 12:28 PM) *

rhodyguy
On that exploded parts diagram are items 26-32 for mud flaps? How would the hw mount?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there were two different brackets one for the valance with hole and one for the valance with notch

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 21 2018, 02:58 PM) *

On that exploded parts diagram are items 26-32 for mud flaps? How would the hw mount?
aharder
I'm currently working on the Sail Trim.

Click to view attachment

Hope this helps
buck toenges
What are the factory spec sizes for the holes? If you add these after the car has been painted what do you use to protect the holes from rust? How do you apply the protection?

Buck
IronHillRestorations
The factory used something kind of like butyl (like the windshield tape) and put a wad all around the clip. I don't know if the holes were painted after they got drilled, but I take great care to make sure they are coated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.