Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hood with fuel door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RolinkHaus
Anyone make a fiberglass hood with fuel door opening?
914forme
Nope, but you can it is only fiberglass.

That being said I had a set that used a whole saw to make the hole, and a piece of round sheet metal to cover said hole. And it had a hole drilled in it and the bolt placed in there with a washer and nut on the backside of the hood. You just rotated the cover out of the way, access to the fuel filler. Had a similar one down in the frunk to fill the dry sump tank also.

It was a racing car so function over looks, but unless you where looking for it easily missed while out on the track.

If that is your car in I would love to see some detailed pictures it looks drooley.gif
Mark Henry
Yes I believe it's been done, try a search.
The GT had a hole that the gas cap stuck out of, a few here have done this. Again do a search.
RolinkHaus
I was hoping to buy a hood pre-drilled.

I have reached out to Patrick Motorsports, I'll let you know what I find out.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Dec 22 2018, 03:28 AM) *

Anyone make a fiberglass hood with fuel door opening?

You mean like a 550?
Larmo63
Getty makes the hoods, just tell him you are going to cut a hole in it and he might reinforce or build it a bit differently.

Each car is a little bit different, so one size doesn't fit all. Get the hood and drill it yourself.
914forme
My son lives in Fishers, if you need someone to drill a hood, I have the stuff, and would be willing to drop over to see my son, and drop a hole in a hood. After that take it to the body shop and get it painted, they don't come color matched, they come in Gel.

Getty might do a hole for you, which would be nice as they could gel it to match. If your having it done in Carbon and leaving it raw, talk to Getty and see if he will leave a hole for your cap and dog bowl surround.

GT style through hood kit can be found in the classified.

BTW, a decent shop in the area should be able to pull that off.

Here is one thread that shows most of the versions done.
ConeDodger
PMB does them.
effutuo101
It took me about 4 hours to creat a buck, get a gas opening cut glasses onto my fiberglass good and sanded out. I did spray color matched paint. Have to finish wet sanding and have it buffed.
I got all of the pieces and stuff I needed from the local pep boys including the locking glass flap (for a Chevy truck), For about $60.
914forme
when you said door this is what I was thinking.

Click to view attachment

effutuo101
Have to finish wet sanding and then buff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.