Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 FI Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dennisphelan
Trying to put back together 75 1.8 as a 2.0 D-Jetronic. Engine is in the car. I am trying to hook up the 12 pin connector on the relay board. One of the wires (according to Jeff Bowlsby's drawing - thank you Jeff) is supposed to go to the Oil Pressure Switch. I can't seem to locate it. Where is it?

I also have two components under the Battery Tray. One is black and appears to have something plug into it. It has multiple spade connectors. The second one is hanging from several twisted copper wires and is a plug with several spade connectors. Are these something left over from the 1.8 FI system? Are they needed anymore?
JeffBowlsby
The green/red wire is the oil pressure sender wire. Sender is below the tin near the dizzy. Photos for the other things please.
Dave_Darling
Those last two sound like the resistor pack, and the socket for the dual relay. If true, those are specific to the L-jet injection.

But we do need the pics to make sure.

--DD
dennisphelan
[quote name='JeffBowlsby' date='Dec 22 2018, 02:31 PM' post='2675858']
The green/red wire is the oil pressure sender wire. Sender is below the tin near the dizzy. Photos for the other things please.

I think I found the oil pressure sensor. Unfortunately, I destroyed the rubber grommet when I tried to remove it. I have attached a picture of the tow components attached to the battery tray
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dennisphelan
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 22 2018, 09:32 PM) *

Those last two sound like the resistor pack, and the socket for the dual relay. If true, those are specific to the L-jet injection.

But we do need the pics to make sure.

--DD

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
In the first pic the item on the left is the resistor pack (with the connector hanging down). The component on the right with the spade connectors is the relay. Both are specific to L-Jet and not used on D-Jet.

In the second pic, yes, that thing hiding down in the hole in the tin is the oil pressure sending unit. I think 914Rubber makes replacement rubber grommets.
dennisphelan
Thanks everyone - Merry Christmas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.