Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teeners Rule Indy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wndsrfr
Tom Breist and Jim Lenehan took top honors in Group 8....I managed second in Group 12b. Looks slow from up on those Indy camera towers but was really quite fast action in the car! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pju_NwYIM2I

mlindner
Congrats, very nice run. Car looks great and a beautiful track. Thanks for sharing. Mark
Cracker

You look composed and clean John - great job. I started in the hobby and have owned many Bimmers - especially the little "2002's" you were on track with - you know they just have little 4 cylinders, correct? How were they even competitive with you? Another oddity...

They obviously are not in the same class but it is very odd to have an e46 M3 with all of its improved bits in the same session as cars 30+ years older. Not fair nor enjoyable to see them compete door to door. Bizarre.
rhodyguy
Interesting mix of cars. The guy in the silver RX7 almost screwed things up. Totally.
Cracker
You ain't kidding...

T

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 6 2019, 07:00 PM) *

Interesting mix of cars. The guy in the silver RX7 almost screwed things up. Totally.

wndsrfr
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 6 2019, 07:47 AM) *

You look composed and clean John - great job. I started in the hobby and have owned many Bimmers - especially the little "2002's" you were on track with - you know they just have little 4 cylinders, correct? How were they even competitive with you? Another oddity...

They obviously are not in the same class but it is very odd to have an e46 M3 with all of its improved bits in the same session as cars 30+ years older. Not fair nor enjoyable to see them compete door to door. Bizarre.

Tony,
The guys in the 2002's are really talented, top of the Group 8 food chain in SVRA....me, I'm an amateur! Yeah, they were all over my mirrors after I put the motor on them on the straight but they could manage their momentum so well--just beautiful, really. Our family car was a '68 2002 from '69 'til about '77--loved that car & know a lot about them, still check in with all the Bimmer 2002 owners at the events.
The M3 was in my Group 12b (I don't qualify for Group 8 since I'm overbore and underweight), so I took second in that race--got a podium visit at Indy!
Charles Guest in the RX7 is a very good driver--chased him all around Road Atlanta earlier in the season, couldn't ever get by him but he and I left the rest of the field behind there.
At Indy the camera director/commentator was in love with the Corvair Stinger--the footage was really picking him out and I was basically photobombing by being so closely matched--had a good chat with him also after the session and all agreed it was good fair racing. Looking forward to another season coming up....
raynekat
Yeah, some really nice 914-6's running across the scales at the end of the video.
Looks like a lot of fun.
Nice racing!
mudfoot76
I need to get out from under my rock. I freakin live 20 minutes from IMS and had no idea this was even happening.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Dec 22 2018, 06:07 PM) *

Tom Breist and Jim Lenehan took top honors in Group 8....I managed second in Group 12b. Looks slow from up on those Indy camera towers but was really quite fast action in the car! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pju_NwYIM2I

Very nice run John....on the "big" stage! Those Stingers when set up and driven well are fairly quick.
Charles Freeborn
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Jan 6 2019, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 6 2019, 07:47 AM) *

Tony,
The guys in the 2002's are really talented, top of the Group 8 food chain in SVRA....me, I'm an amateur! Yeah, they were all over my mirrors after I put the motor on them on the straight but they could manage their momentum so well--just beautiful, really. Our family car was a '68 2002 from '69 'til about '77--loved that car & know a lot about them, still check in with all the Bimmer 2002 owners at the events.
The M3 was in my Group 12b (I don't qualify for Group 8 since I'm overbore and underweight), so I took second in that race--got a podium visit at Indy!
Charles Guest in the RX7 is a very good driver--chased him all around Road Atlanta earlier in the season, couldn't ever get by him but he and I left the rest of the field behind there.
At Indy the camera director/commentator was in love with the Corvair Stinger--the footage was really picking him out and I was basically photobombing by being so closely matched--had a good chat with him also after the session and all agreed it was good fair racing. Looking forward to another season coming up....

There are lots of mixed groups with SVRA up here too. The 8 / 12b is common. Lots of different driver skill levels too. Everything from retired pro drivers (we've got a former Indy driver up here driving a Midget) to novice / amateur / bucket list guys like me. Overall the races run pretty will with little to no contact. I'm personally targeting group 3 in my 914/4.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.