Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross on water - Sprint boat video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
They built a sprint boat course out at the local ORV park. I haven't been out to watch yet, but my neighbor just emailed me a bunch of pics from the races yesterday. Did I go? Oh no, I got to stay home doing yard work and threw my back out. sad.gif

Here's what the sprint boat races look like if you've not seen them before (not a local video, but the pics below are local). Includes cockpit video. Gives new meaning to "think fast".

VIDEO

By the way, the water is only about 24 inches deep and yes, they test the rollcages frequently.

-Ben M.
spare time toys
I like to watch those when they are on speed vision. I think it would be a blast to ride in one some time.
Aaron Cox
yikes...

looks like fun.....
bmcwilli
OK. when I hit this link, it directs me to:

file:///private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/AOLTemp.html

Same thing happens when I try to see Mrs. K's performance.

???? confused24.gif

FWIW: I'm running Safari Browser
chilli
ohmy.gif NOW that is a 914 on water, what a blast and cool also. More fun on those 100+++ days than autox.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif Mike
p914
They have those races in Woodland, WA too. I met some of the racers at last years boat show in Portland. They get up to 80MPH.
airsix
QUOTE (bmcwilli @ Jun 20 2005, 10:49 AM)
OK. when I hit this link, it directs me to:

file:///private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/AOLTemp.html

Same thing happens when I try to see Mrs. K's performance.

???? confused24.gif

FWIW: I'm running Safari Browser

Here's the actual URL: http://www.ussbaracing.com/General%20Photo...fnelsonrace.wmv

Safari and OSX are great. It's probably an AOL issue. barf.gif

-Ben M.
Mueller
looks like fun if you are the driver MDB2.gif

what is up with the passanger??

are they navigating or just ballast? smile.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 20 2005, 01:31 PM)
looks like fun if you are the driver MDB2.gif

what is up with the passanger??

are they navigating or just ballast? smile.gif

The passenger is a navigator. Don't ask me how they make it work. Unmuffled V8 with short headers right behind your head going 80mph in 2ft of water with turns every .5 seconds? Its a wonder they don't all roll the boat up the bank on the 3rd turn and come out swinging at each other (driver/passenger). confused24.gif

"You said Right!" Yack.gif
"No! I said Left. Then you asked "Left?" and I said "That's right." and you turned right instead of left you MORON!" Yack.gif
"You should have said CORRECT or AFFERMATIVE, or ROGER, or YES SIR, you freaking IDIOT!" chair.gif

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.