Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Blower Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I have seen the thread and video on the fresh air blower install, but still like to get some clarification.

1) Can the blower motor be installed after the fresh air box? I installed the fresh air box first alone (because it was very difficult), but find I can't get the blower motor in now. I haven't tried removing the cowl brace fasteners yet though.

2) Is the only wire on the wire holder tabs behind the fresh air blower box the fuel gauge sensor wire?

3) Are the control box and defrost assembled as one or separately? I thought as one since the snap rings look very difficult to install afterwards, but the write ups appear to say they can only be installed as 2 separate pieces.

Happy Holidays.
barefoot
QUOTE(Highland @ Dec 23 2018, 02:26 PM) *

I have seen the thread and video on the fresh air blower install, but still like to get some clarification.

1) Can the blower motor be installed after the fresh air box? I installed the fresh air box first alone (because it was very difficult), but find I can't get the blower motor in now. I haven't tried removing the cowl brace fasteners yet though.

2) Is the only wire on the wire holder tabs behind the fresh air blower box the fuel gauge sensor wire?

3) Are the control box and defrost assembled as one or separately? I thought as one since the snap rings look very difficult to install afterwards, but the write ups appear to say they can only be installed as 2 separate pieces.

Happy Holidays.

I installed the fresh air blower as a complete assembly. It helped to loosen the wiper Assembly at the 2 holding nuts as mine was interfering with final positioning . Also loosened the 2 support straps although that didn’t do much. I used an old screen/seal so probably easier than new seal. Only painful bit was installing the retaining clip on the cable at the back of the center blower box.
There was no frickin way to attach the cable to the back before positioning the center Assy. as the able isn’t long enough.
I bench assembled the 2 flapper box assemblies to make sure how the correct cables go as some photos don’t seem to be correct (make sure on this point). Installing the 2 flapper boxes was eased as I trimmed the base of the flappers on an angle to ease insertion into the firewall. I assembled the flappers & defrost ducts un-attached & then put the circular clip on the front side ( no clips needed on the back side)
Hope it helps !!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.